VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

First off, we're not in Ingolstadt today. The photos you see here (and more via the link below) were shot when we were in Ingolstadt in September. One thing we do whenever we have time to just geek out in the Audi Forum at world HQ is to peruse the parking lot. The facility's underground parking garage is always good to see some very special examples of their latest offerings and once in a while even something special like an RS 5 we recently reported on. Unfortunately, there were no RS 5s there on the day we visited but we did see some truly unique specimens including the Suzuka Grey TTRS roadster above. Here's a quick summary.

A5 Sportback S-line. There were several Sportback versions of the A5 in the garage and thus in our gallery, but S-line models are still our favorite. This was the coolest.

Q7 V12 TDI - Audi's boss dog Q7 looks even cooler when it's painted in the R8 V10's new Sepang Blue color.

S4 Avant - While there's no Audi Exclusive color or oddball equipment on this particular car, the new S4 Avant remains unobtainium in the USA.

TTS Roadster. Painted in a special burgundy color, this TTS stuck out just a bit.

RS 6 Avant. While not any special color, this particular car was sporting the new wheel design first seen on the Sportback concept car. We saw a few RS 6s with these wheels in 20-inch diameter around Ingolstadt but otherwise we've only seen them on Q7 and a smaller diameter on Sport package A4s.

TT Script Interior. This leather interior with TT-pattern perforations is a special new option package on the TTRS. One particular red RS parked in the forum garage showed the option in a light tan, the first time we've seen the setup in anything other than black.

The red TTRS coupe also featured further interior customization with red-accent stitching on the tan seats. Pretty cool, though we'd LOVE to see the same setup in Audi's pearl silver leather since red and silver are kind of an Audi Sport thing.

TTRS Roadster. We're pretty sure this is off the regular palette, but it's the first we've seen the TTRS in any blue other than Sepang. It's more subdued, but handsome.

TT Roadster S-line. No, the S-line's been out for a while and there's no special color here. The addition of R8 wheels (one of two TTs at the forums sporting them) made us take a closer look. This car's also got Audi's carbon ceramic brake setup on it as well... an option only available on the R8, Q7 V12 TDI and A8. Needless to say, we were very curious about this car.
Check out more photos from our visit after the jump.
Photo Gallery

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
Re: On Location: Special Builds & Eye Candy Parked with ... ([email protected])

Quote, originally posted by [email protected] »

A5 Sportback S-line. There were several Sportback versions of the A5 in the garage and thus in our gallery, but S-line models are still our favorite. This was the coolest.

Are you sure that's an A5 Sportback S-Line, George?

Very nice cars there, as always. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
16,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: On Location: Special Builds & Eye Candy Parked with ... (Entwerfer des Audis)

Haha. S5 coupe. I was trying to get that up quickly before heading into a phone interview. Just goes to show, don't rush and post people.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Re: On Location: Special Builds & Eye Candy Parked with ... ([email protected])

Wouldn't it be cool to have one gallery, where all the exclusive executives' car sightings from Audi Centrum's front door and underground parking lot are gathered together, I mean even the older ones.
There's nothing more that it's just quite a pain in the bottom to find pictures of i.e. Gulf coloured TT by using forum search.
And what were those wheels under Michael Dick's special A5 Sportback. I saw the exact same ones in size 19 under MKVI Golf diesel in Luxembourg a couple of weeks ago?! Thought it was strange...

·
Registered
16,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: On Location: Special Builds & Eye Candy Parked with ... (tanel)

Quote, originally posted by tanel »
Wouldn't it be cool to have one gallery, where all the exclusive executives' car sightings from Audi Centrum's front door and underground parking lot are gathered together, I mean even the older ones.
There's nothing more that it's just quite a pain in the bottom to find pictures of i.e. Gulf coloured TT by using forum search.
And what were those wheels under Michael Dick's special A5 Sportback. I saw the exact same ones in size 19 under MKVI Golf diesel in Luxembourg a couple of weeks ago?! Thought it was strange...

The short answer is yes. I plan on reorganizing a much improved gallery with our facelift that we're in the middle of now. They'll likely be visible in three places. We'll have our 'On Location' galleries as we do now, I'm planning a 'Sightings' gallery under the Audi Forum Ingolstadt gallery in our Corporate Facilities section and, I think most usefully, there will be 'Audi Exclusive' or 'Special Builds' folders in each of the applicable models where these special builds will be viewable and in one place. Think that'll work?
As for the wheels, it's a new 20-inch accessories wheel. I spotted it at Frankfurt on the show stand on the wheel wall and also fitted to an A5 Cabriolet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.