VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I installed 6000k Hid's and now it makes like license plate light look like crap! (Btw, easiest and coolest mod ever!)

I was wondering if there are any license plate lights that would match that 6000k light blue tint that I have in the front and one that doesn't throw codes!

Thanks for the help ahead of time! (Links to the products are highly appreciated!! :) )

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
What is the difference between these and the kit that Ecstuning is selling for around $50?
i would go ahead and spend the money to do it right once, rather than dealing with flickering bulbs and irritation in the future. I've had that kit from ecs for 2 years without a single issue and it looks bright as fack.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
If looking for a slightly blue light then is not 6000k that you need

And paying $50 bucks for the exact same bulbs that you can get for $10-20 is not something that you could call a hasel after.. Is not a cv joint

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
i have these but it didnt really fit around the housing too large of heat shield. any solution? i still have them
Really? It should fit but very tightly. Almost have to force it in

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
i would go ahead and spend the money to do it right once, rather than dealing with flickering bulbs and irritation in the future. I've had that kit from ecs for 2 years without a single issue and it looks bright as fack.
More money doesn't always mean it's better. I've had my eBay ones for 2 years. They've sent me one replacement that whole time and it was free

·
Registered
510 Posts
I got a set off ebay.co.uk, just me around $22 shipped, super bright, nice fit, plugged right in, took about 10 minutes to install. My rear end looks super nice now I have led plate lights to match my tails, especially now that I have the led rings in the inner tails.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone for the advice! I think Im just going to go with the cheap Ebay set and if they don't work out ill just buy the whole kit from ECS.

Off topic: I just bought fog lights, and before I install them I was thinking about tinting them yellow, what do you guys thinks about it? Is it too ricey?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the 2013 CC's led plate lights fit our cars. I have not done it myself yet, but really want to. All the pictures that I can get makes it look possible. The unit in the CC is one sealed unit, unlike ours which can be opened in a minute to replace the bulb. To me it looks like the whole housing unit with the leds inside would just replace our unit. I think it's a much cleaner look than the bright blue leds you see striking out the back of all the Honda's running now.

·
Registered
148 Posts
So i received mine today, Here are the pictures as promised

(sorry for the quality)

DSCF0996 by SpikeyBoi33, on Flickr

DSCF0994 by SpikeyBoi33, on Flickr

pics dont do them justice, the parking side markers have a light blueish halo around them, and the licence plate ones are very strong.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So i received mine today, Here are the pictures as promised

(sorry for the quality)

DSCF0996 by SpikeyBoi33, on Flickr

DSCF0994 by SpikeyBoi33, on Flickr

pics dont do them justice, the parking side markers have a light blueish halo around them, and the licence plate ones are very strong.
That looks really nice!! Nice job man!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.