VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so a lil while ago(almost a month) i got t-boned driving my corrado...
the story!
going to work....i make a turn across 3 lanes of traffic(not an intersection)
anyways...2 lanes had stopped for me to go(one lady even backed up to let me through, both waved me on)
3rd lane was empty...edge forward, see nothing and proceed, Toyota tercel is coming down the 3rd lane speeding(65km/h in a 50km/h one) and got me in the passenger side door!
frame is bent = totaled corrado
i walked away with a sore shoulder and hip!
now with the pics
this looks normal!

AWWWWW thats the problem!

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Re: One less 94 Corrado on the road! (Dorrado)

damn devon, this f#$ckin sucks!!!
who was at fault according to the cops? I don't exactly understand what happened... your car was so nice too, damn!
if you don't mind askin, what did the insurance cut you a cheque for? is there buyback, and stuff? just asking for us canadians in case the worst should happen.
what are you gonna do with it? part it out? so sorry to hear this
how many km's???
-danny

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: One less 94 Corrado on the road! (The VR you hate)

already bought it back...had 116,000 kms on it, got a cheque for 15,600(then minus 3000ish for buyback)
the entire drive-train and brakes and suspension and all those goodies are going into a mk2 when i find a suitable 1990 cl with no sunroof

it was 50/50 according to the cops(no way to prove how fast she was going)they said at least 65 tho!
the interior will go up for grabs.....1400 us(2000 Canadian) or more if you want the matching door cards etc.
this means 1 more American can convert to manual seat belts as well
the corrado will live on in the form of a mk2 and the pieces will go to other corrados!
i could barely afford the corrado as is(wasn't meant to be for a 20 year old with full time school and part time work who is addicted to buying stuff for it
)

·
Registered
3,743 Posts

fix it man, that is repairable.
sorry this happened to you, i know how it feels

·
Banned
3,042 Posts

i never trust people waving me where i cant see. we all give you the benefit of the doubt because you drive the C. but she had the right of way,i have seen the same accident happen the speeding car changed to the open lane after someone waves you on all clear and kaboom. its painful to see a corrado banged up so bad.

·
Registered
11,535 Posts

Sorry to see this, but at least you're Ok.

I hate being a vulture, but since you already mentioned it, how much do you want for the manual seatbelts?

Modified by vw mofo at 9:10 AM 5-8-2003

·
Registered
7,279 Posts
Re: One less 94 Corrado on the road! (vw mofo)

I hurts just looking at the pics. BTW, that is the most dangerous thing. Going through multiple lanes like that the other driver can't see you. Once i let someone by and he got T boned right in front of me though it wasn't nearly as bad. The Corrado is an endangered animal. I wonder how many we lose every year from accidents and being parted out.
Luckily that hit wasn't on your side. Very lucky or you would have been seriously hurt.

Modified by zarman at 10:16 AM 5-8-2003

·
Registered
13,387 Posts
Re: One less 94 Corrado on the road! (NORTAVE2.0)

Quote, originally posted by NORTAVE2.0 »
i never trust people waving me where i cant see. we all give you the benefit of the doubt because you drive the C. but she had the right of way,i have seen the same accident happen the speeding car changed to the open lane after someone waves you on all clear and kaboom. its painful to see a corrado banged up so bad.

I feel the same way, I no longer waive people on, nor do I allow them room to do this anymore. It may piss them off but it is more for their safety and mine. Sorry to see such a beautiful gal in her final stages.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Re: One less 94 Corrado on the road! (Non_Affiliated)

Wow, sorry to see that. The bright side is that youre ok and you get to use the good stuff thats left. Good luck to you, I may be in contact about those manual belts..if that mofo doesnt beat me to it

Derrick

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.