VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to add to the other viewpoints voiced already concerning the R32 and its performance. I bought my Tornado Red today and will exchange check for keys in the morning.
Bottom line: The performance of this particular one was top shelf. My current (soon to be turned over to number one son) 2000 VR6 with signature mods below falls way short of this cars acceleration, transmission function and drivability.
I test drove the 20th AE and felt it was identical to my current GTI (acceleration) with my Eibach equipped suspension ~10% better. I've also had the honor of riding in Mike Staley's (BAR Tuning - Houston)APR Stage 3 Plus 1.8T ( I thought surely the car was going to take off and fly).
The R32 I drove and bought today ain't a stage 3 + APR 1.8T in straight line acceleration but, it has MUCH greater performance than the 12V VR6 Mod'ed or STOCK 1.8T.
I was very much satisfied with the performance STOCK of this R32. No doubt I will spend the money later on to bring out anything else this motor has to offer (chip, exhaust, intake) but that will be it.
Transmission shifting and syncro is vastly improved to my 5 speed. Clutch is very light (some getting used to required) but is easily engaged and is precise ( dare I say Japanese ish).
I ma sure the wine I consumed tonight at dinner is effecting my ability to "talk" clearly. However, I can not wait till tomorrow morning. Reminesent of christmas eve of childhood days.

Yeeee Haw.
P.S. I do not wear a mullet. But, tomorrow, I will be wearing a smile!

Cheers &
s'

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Re: One more opinion of the R32 (LongviewTx)

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif Congrats! thanks for the comparison.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts