VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in my garage trying to trouble shoot to see if i can fix the prob without taking it to the stealership. First when i drive and get to around 4000 rpm my emergency brake light blinks three times as if i was driving with e-brake up
, also when my door is open and key is in the ignition the chime does not come on anymore however when i remove the fuse that corresponds with the door locks it will chime
, and to top it all off my radio doesnt work and i tried to see if my oem radio would work and it doesnt work. So far i have i checked every wire and fuse visible so i am stumped
. So fellas any help is so much appreciated cause i am not enjoying my dub right now.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Re: ONe problem after another! (2.Go Kompressed)

find someone local with Vag-Com and you won't have to manually troubleshoot.

·
Registered
2008 Volkwagen Rabbit 2.5L 2 door hatchback
24 Posts
I am in my garage trying to trouble shoot to see if i can fix the prob without taking it to the stealership. First when i drive and get to around 4000 rpm my emergency brake light blinks three times as if i was driving with e-brake up
, also when my door is open and key is in the ignition the chime does not come on anymore however when i remove the fuse that corresponds with the door locks it will chime
, and to top it all off my radio doesnt work and i tried to see if my oem radio would work and it doesnt work. So far i have i checked every wire and fuse visible so i am stumped
. So fellas any help is so much appreciated cause i am not enjoying my dub right now.
I know what will help, get a Ross-Tech scan tool and download the software so you can scan and check your vcds, the modules that are effected will light up in red and tell you, for the most part, what's wrong all the way down to the part number. It will also allow you to program or code your modules so everything is in sync with each other.. ibhave an electrical problem to but mine lies within the door switch lights and coding the radio module.
Funny enough, I got the scan tool with the download able program from WISH for 100 bucks after shipping and its been working amazingly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts