VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the "screw the monsoon" write up but it doesnt mention this.
i need to know if i hook up my decks REMOTE wire to the harnesses BLUE wire, or if that is not neccessary. I cant continue my install until I make sure.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Re: one question before i continue my head unit install (placenta)

i would say not necessary keep that open for your amps in the future the monsoon amp will still turn on from the signals given through the speaker wires.

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you are right. I didnt hook it up and everythign worked. But I already have a remote going back to my amp so i didnt need it.
im a bit concerned about the ohms ratings on those stock speakers. I know for a fact that the rear mid is 2 ohm. I dont know how the whole system works out in that respect though. bass def isnt loud enough. It would not be good if I was running lower than 4 ohm off deck power. And I think thats the reason its a lot louder. And thats also the reason you'll blow a perfectly good deck. So I'm a bit nervous. TRU amp gain is at 1/2.

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok i guess it will be ok then. It sounds good, but gets loud way too quick. 15-20 on my alpine is super loud, as much as i can take. And ive had 1200Wrms systems before. Its not good that I cant utilize all my headunits RCA voltage for cleaner signal.
I do have an issue tho. My cage wouldnt secure down at all. I bent every tab, and it wasnt tight in any place at all. I dont get how you properly install a cage, although I never had problems in my previous cars..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts