VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys just took my 2003 Jetta GLS TDI into the shop and they recomended a product called Sure Shot to be put in my gas tank every second fill up. Is this common practise or is my dealership trying to sell me something i dont need?
i know a few other people with TDI's and none of them use this lubricant and cleaner.
Thanks
Rob Dougald

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
Re: One Shot?? (coveryer6)

I use Power Service Diesel Kleen (silver bottle) at every fill-up. I've also used Stanadyne Performance. Only difference I could tell was the price, PS being cheaper and easier to buy at my local Wal-Mart.

·
Registered
272 Posts

Since the title of your topic is One Shot, was that the product name? If so, it is Stanadyne Performance formula in a handy 8 oz. jug. You can buy larger containers and save money. It's good stuff, but there are also many other good diesel additives that are just as effective.

·
Registered
148 Posts

I have not used any additives. Have 18,000 miles and my mileage seems the same. I may get a can of something to see if anything exciting happens. Some claim better mileage.

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
Re: One Shot?? (roadhard1960)

Quote, originally posted by roadhard1960 »
Some claim better mileage.

I noticed a 2mpg decrease when I didn't use diesel treatment. Same fuel, same station, same route, same speed driven, etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts