VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
You and I both know that that doesn't matter.

The people on this forum that use the word "hipster" don't care. They will use that word no matter how little they know about the definition to describe everything that they don't like or that may mean you don't wear baggy pants and a Three Wolf Moon t-shirt.
Pretty sure the three wolf moon t-shirt is a favorite of teenage faux-hipster girls. :beer:

5,244 Posts
Pretty sure the three wolf moon t-shirt is a favorite of teenage faux-hipster girls. :beer:
Maybe for your Portsmouth hipsters it is. I think it's also the official uniform of the OT Anti Hipster Coalition

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Great looking car Nick. You've done a great job!

·
Premium Member
11,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
God damn you. Every time I click on this thread today, I miss my 318is more and more. I'm sure the SVT was crazy fun and quick, but you gotta admit the rev happy engine M42 combined with the balance of the E30 chassis. So much fun to drive.

And if you haven't, you should also sign up at http://m42club.com/
True, the SVT had nearly twice the power, it was much firmer and responsive but that could be due to the worn out bushings I haven't gotten around to replacing. I do love driving this car, it puts a smile on your face.

Thanks for the kind words :beer::beer:

·
Registered
614 Posts
My god.... I freaking love your e30. I'd trade my A4 for a 318is...in red...you bastard :p I'll have to keep up with your tread on R3v, I'm nick_t over there.

Nick

·
Premium Member
11,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
My god.... I freaking love your e30. I'd trade my A4 for a 318is...in red...you bastard :p I'll have to keep up with your tread on R3v, I'm nick_t over there.

Nick
I'll gladly sell it....for 3 times what I paid for it :cool:

·
Registered
10,226 Posts
Love it. How are you liking those Tire Rack wheels? I've heard they're quite popular with budget racers.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
You and I both know that that doesn't matter.

The people on this forum that use the word "hipster" don't care. They will use that word no matter how little they know about the definition to describe everything that they don't like or that may mean you don't wear baggy pants and a Three Wolf Moon t-shirt.
How tolerant of others you are.

·
Premium Member
11,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Love it. How are you liking those Tire Rack wheels? I've heard they're quite popular with budget racers.
Under 13lbs for a 15X8 at $100 a piece...and they look good too. What's not to like? Only downside, very popular in the E30 crowd. Seen two others in Columbus with the same wheels. Finish isn't super great but they again, they were $100 a piece.

·
Premium Member
11,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Nice e30.

I love the M42 in my e36 318ti.

Your car looks real nice.
Nice work on the front end. :thumbup:

Who's the baller with the bike running electric Dura Ace? :cool:
Thanks guys :beer:

It's not me, ha. I worked at a shop for awhile and a customer bought the full Di2 kit, I saved the boxes cause I thought they were cool :laugh:

·
Registered
4,859 Posts
I remember how sad I was to see you'd sold your Focus. I can't ever sell mine! The E30 is looking gorgeous though, so I'm sure your separation has been less painful. I also wish you were closer to me so someone I trust could perfect the paint on my new old Benz.

Good stuff.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I'll gladly sell it....for 3 times what I paid for it :cool:
You'd probably get at least that with the awesome job you did bringing her back to life
Thanks guys :beer:

It's not me, ha. I worked at a shop for awhile and a customer bought the full Di2 kit, I saved the boxes cause I thought they were cool :laugh:
psshhhht, SRAM rival boxes are way cooler :p

Nick

·
Banned
36,395 Posts
Fantastic job!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

21 - 40 of 47 Posts