VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GM has released a report based on data processed by OnStar’s diagnostic program that says 99.3 percent of the 1.8 million Chevy vehicles being monitored reported no engine or transmission problems to key components in January. Leading the way for Chevy, the Malibu reported a 99.7 percent problem-free rate for the same time period.
GM’s highly advertised OnStar system is capable of monitoring vehicle health remotely with its Vehicle Diagnostics program, which automatically reports the status of hundreds of pre-programmed diagnostic checks on the key components of each vehicle. Then, the results of the scans are sent to the customers via e-mail each month, with either a red, yellow or green icon indicating the health of the vehicle.
GM says that OnStar also tracks odometer readings to help remind customers of scheduled maintenance, as well as monitoring the need for an oil change through the use of an advanced software algorithm that examines engine revolutions, oil temperature, operating conditions, driving habits and the operating environment to determine a real-time expected interval for oil changes.
“At Chevrolet, we have significantly reduced customer warranty claims over the past few years, as we continually strive to make the most dependable cars and trucks on the road. A key part of that success is OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics, which helps Chevrolet and our customers keep vehicles in top running condition.” – Official release.
http://www.leftlanenews.com/on....html

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
Re: OnStar: Chevy nearing 100 percent engine and transmission reliability (VeeDubDriver)

Quote, originally posted by VeeDubDriver »
GM has released a report based on data processed by OnStar’s diagnostic program that says 99.3 percent of the 1.8 million Chevy vehicles being monitored reported no engine or transmission problems to key components in January.

Bolded the important parts for you.

·
Registered
28,779 Posts
Re: (NitroNSX)

Quote, originally posted by NitroNSX »
Shouldn't be a surprise. Even when GM vehicles were crap, they still had some great engines.

They also had less automatic transmission troubles than Ford or (especially) Chrysler.

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
Re: (PDing)

Quote, originally posted by PDing »
INB4OMGWTFBBQBigBrotherMonitoring

my only problem with it would be if i had driven the car hard, like a corvette. then they tried to deny some warranty work or something...

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
FV-QR

I wouldn't be surprised if the same is similar for most car brands. Cars are far more reliable now than they have been in the past. On the JD Power rankings even the worse car averaged less than one issue per year(over 3 years).

·
Registered
22,172 Posts
Re: (Uberhare)

Quote, originally posted by Uberhare »
Good for GM. I hope they do well. they've been making some outstanding vehicles lately and their drive train systems are second to none.

If a newly-formed car company was smart, they'd name themselves:
NONE, Inc.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
FV-QR

I'm assuming this is only for newer vehicles? If onstar is free for 1-3 years of ownership, then it's not that impressive. Outside of DSG failures, I wouldn't expect any cars to have engine and transmission issues. If it covered 10 year old vehicles, it would be very impressive.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.