VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
19,348 Posts
Re: Opel Vectra GTS (David Votoupal)

quote:[HR][/HR]Holden's next generation Commodore will be built on a new RWD platform according to some sources... it will also spawn an SUV, another rumour.
However, 2002 could see Holden lose sleep as Ford with its facelifted, revitalised Falcon range offers superior dynamics and quality, maybe buyers will make the switch...[HR][/HR]​
Man, sometimes your posts seem so random!!!

·
Registered
21,218 Posts
Re: Opel Vectra GTS (Double-V)

One thing for sure is that GM is planning a couple of global platforms to be shared among several brands. Holden is likely to have a major say in the development of RWD platforms, especially after Bob Lutz singled them out for praise.
But maybe he didn't realise that while Holden has the upper hand in sales here, Ford has Holden well beaten in most departments despite that. I hope it does translate to greatly improved sales.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Re: Opel Vectra GTS (MoMo)

I believe this Opel is the first of the GM prroducts to be build on their new "Epsilon' platform, which will also serve as the platform for the new 2003 Saab 9-3. But I haven't seen any "reliable" pictures of the new Saab 9-3 as yet. What's interesting is that this picture of the Opel appears to be a 4-door hatch.....and it looks nice. Yet I've read that Saab, which has always been synomous with the hatch, will no longer offer a 4-door hatch 9-3 when the new 2003 model appears. They'll supposedly only have a 4-door sedan, a wagon and later, a coupe. Strange.

·
Registered
22,318 Posts
Re: Opel Vectra GTS (Eolair)

quote:[HR][/HR]Importing the European cars doesn´t seem to work for either Ford and GM.
Remember Merkur or most recently the Cadillac Catera.[HR][/HR]​
I bet it would work better if the cars got to keep their European names and features, instead of being americanized. How many Catera owners know that they are driving an Opel from Germany?

·
Registered
34,664 Posts
Re: Opel Vectra GTS (Seamus)

I heard the next 9-3 will have a sedan instead of 5-door hatch that's similar to the 9-5. 3-door hatchback and convertible will continue since these are always SAAB's image vehicles. There should be a sportswagon that's similar to A4 Avant and 156 for this model.

·
Registered
7,031 Posts
Re: Opel Vectra GTS (David Votoupal)

It better be damn good.If I like it or not I think some components might find their way into some future Alfas

It looks well enough as did the last Vectra.Let's just hope it's at least 10X better.The last one only had it's looks going for it.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts