VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
17,092 Posts
I have not heard it in the Arteon, but have had the Helix in 4 other vehicles and it was a nice addition. Plug & play is a HUGE factor too.
And then they have it setup with different vehicle specific coding to get the best sound too, for your car.

Which, btw, I rent out the programmer to do that....just sayin' ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have not heard it in the Arteon, but have had the Helix in 4 other vehicles and it was a nice addition. Plug & play is a HUGE factor too.
And then they have it setup with different vehicle specific coding to get the best sound too, for your car.

Hi, I am about to order a Helix subwoofer too and was looking at your thread to rent the dongle sometime soon when I get the installation done on my car. I saw that the recommended setting for Arteon '19 is File 81 and that seems to be missing on the dongle, how can it be added to it?

·
Registered
2019 Arteon SEL 2019 GTI Autobahn
66 Posts
Hi, I am about to order a Helix subwoofer too and was looking at your thread to rent the dongle sometime soon when I get the installation done on my car. I saw that the recommended setting for Arteon '19 is File 81 and that seems to be missing on the dongle, how can it be added to it?
Plug and Play Soundsystem just download it from this link and install it to the dongle

·
Registered
17,092 Posts
I have two programmers for rent, and one of them DOES have the newer files on it.
Brett (@hoosier1661) just rented/used it on his Arteon

If you need to rent it though, PM me! (y)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just installed the helix on Thursday last week on my 2021 SEL R-line. So far it sounds great with the wrong file. I can't for the life of me get that file to load on the dongle. Any suggestions?
As far as installation goes, are there any delicate wires or ribbon connectors along the door sills or can you just pop off the plastic trim without worry?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just installed the helix on Thursday last week on my 2021 SEL R-line. So far it sounds great with the wrong file. I can't for the life of me get that file to load on the dongle. Any suggestions?
Did you have any problems with it being the 2021? Every guide I looked up didn't mention the 2021 as compatible and I was worried it wouldn't work. I just ordered mine.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I honestly don't think it's anymore work to install your own subwoofer plus it'll sound a lot better than a puny little 6 inch woofer can.
I'm not crazy about how loud music gets. I just want it to have decent bass and for the music to be clear. I went with helix because it's not just a sub. It comes with an amp in the kit that allows the interior speakers to get more power and not have to struggle as much. If after the interior speakers still don't meet my needs I'll just swap them with some component sets.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Hey. Could you pm me about the programmer? Can't find how to do it on my end haha. Thanks

1 - 20 of 41 Posts