VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have one? I'd like for it to be a bit louder than stock, but not bright sounding, would the flo-pro be good?
Currently I have: '88 16v, 2.0, tt race downpipe, aftermarket replacement resonator, flowmaster 40. The flowmaster was very loud before I had the resonator put in, and now it sounds pretty good except it has a rattly baffle. When I bought the car, it had a dynomax copy, and it was way too loud, it was extremely irritating.

·
Registered
10,921 Posts
Re: (rockin16v)

IMHO Borla sounds the best. Flowmaster is good and deep too but WAY freakin loud.
You may need some sort f resonator or gleasspack inline beore these or they will ALL be loud and ricey.

·
Registered
161 Posts
avoid the dunomax super turbo muffler too. P/O of my car had one on there and even after getting a resinator wleded in it is still way to ricey sounding up after 3000 rpms. sounds great at idle but.... its life is gonna end on the scrap heap soon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.