VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace my battery, was looking at getting the Optima red top, but I cannot determine the correct size/group. The book is no help, it doesnt list my car and the guys that work there are no help at all.
Which one would fit my 89 Cabriolet?
for your help

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Optima Red size for Cabby? (kuklaki)

wow! No one? I tried search, saw references to Caddies, would it be the same size? Help a girlie out, please

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
look at the amps on you battery, i don't know what the stock one is supposed to be, then compare it to the red top and see if you can find one with the same range

Modified by duct-tape at 10:26 PM 5-18-2004

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Re: Optima Red size for Cabby? (kuklaki)

I'm pretty sure most A1's have the same battery tray.. I can measure mine in the morning. It required a small amount of grinding on the hold down plate to fit perfectly, the optima battery is round and slightly wider at that point.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Optima Red size for Cabby? (white rabbit)

Quote, originally posted by white rabbit »
I'm pretty sure most A1's have the same battery tray..

Thanks for the info. I was not sure that the battery trays were the same size because the hubby's 16v scirocco takes a larger standard battery than mine, but it is still an A1, and the trays are different I believe. But the Caddy should be the same as the Cabby, I just wanted to be sure before I spent $99 on one.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Re: Optima Red size for Cabby? (eurocabi)

Any group 78 battery will be a good fit. When mine was under the hood, the stock battery hold down worked just fine, albeit a little scketchy, but it worked.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts