·
Premium Member
22,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Facebook Event

NEW JERSEY STARTING LOCATION:
When: Wednesday Night / Thursday Morning, May 13, 2015 @ 12:00am
Where: Applebee's Parking Lot. 640 Promenade Boulevard Bridgewater, NJ 08807
Departure: The cruise will leave at 1:00am sharp.

PENNSYLVANIA STARTING LOCATION:
When: Wednesday Night / Thursday Morning, May 13, 2015 @ 12:00am
Where: WaWa, 1520 E High St Pottstown, PA 19464 (1 mile from Orchid Euro HQ)
Departure: The cruise will leave at 00:30am sharp.

2ND PENNSYLVANIA MEETING LOCATION:
When: Thursday Morning, May 14, 2015 @ 3:00am
Where: Flying J Truckstop, 1501 Harrisburg Pike, Carlisle, PA 17015
Departure: The cruise will leave at 3:30-4:00 to join the NJ Section while they are in motion on I-81.

I-287 N
I-78 W
I-81 S
Through the mountains and into Helen. :beer:

We have also included scheduled stops along the way. Unfortunately, we cannot stop every few miles to pick up people, so we ask that you organize a cruise down from your area to meet up with us at any of the following areas:

Pilot Travel Center: ETA 5:00am
16921 Halfway Boulevard Hagerstown, MD 21740​

Exxon Mobile Gas Station: ETA 8:45am
345 Brughs Mill Rd, Fincastle, VA 24090​

APPCO Service Station: ETA 1:00pm
2004 Temple Hill Road, Erwin, TN, 37650​

A few things to remember:

Have a Full Tank!
We will be making a gas stop every ~200 miles. Have your cars topped off.​

Bring Walkie-talkies with Extra Batteries.
Communication is awesome. C'mon, who doesn't like messing around with walkie-talkies anyway? :p . We'll be broadcasting on channel 8.

Snacks and Drinks.
Have some Redbull, coffee, soy milk, or whatever keeps you up with you before heading out. Don't drink too much or you will be bursting at the seams if you know what I mean.​

No Racing!
We cannot stress this enough. Last year, we had a small incident with the VA State Troopers which we care not to repeat. Since there will be a good amount of cars on the road, the last thing anyone needs is an accident. Respect your fellow cruisemates. Obey all traffic rules and remember you're driving at your own risk but also representing a big group of friends etc so please be nice. :thumbup:​

Switchback Etiquette
When we begin entering the mountains, you will be met with some nice winding roads. Please do not cross the yellow lines. There are many blind corners.​

This is a cruise designed to get together with old friends and make new ones. We hold camaraderie in very high regard. We all stay together, help each other any way we can, and most importantly, we leave no one behind. :wave:

Roll Call
If you can, please confirm on our Facebook Event so we can get an idea of how many cars will be in attendance. Post up what you're driving, how many you're bringing, and where you're meeting us!

·
Sausage King of Chicago
100,671 Posts
Won't be able to join you, but looking forward to hanging with you guys at the show.

·
Premium Member
04 R32, 19 Golf R
88,069 Posts
Safe travels guys.

It goes without saying that large groups of similar cars draw attention. Especially be careful through Virginia.

·
Premium Member
22,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Safe travels guys.

It goes without saying that large groups of similar cars draw attention. Especially be careful through Virginia.
We have only had a problem one year, when a couple of people were playing around at over the speed limit velocities. They attracted the police's attention even though the caravan had already passed by them IIRC. So basically, we stay reasonably within the speed limit which down there is usually 65-70 anyway :)

·
Premium Member
22,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Won't be able to join you, but looking forward to hanging with you guys at the show.
Thanks John, looking forwards to hanging out too! Is the white GTI making the trip??

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Would love to cruise along. Unfortunately I have a meeting in Baltimore that day and will be leaving after. If something changes I'll be seeing you in Hagerstown at 5:00 am :)

·
Premium Member
22,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Would love to cruise along. Unfortunately I have a meeting in Baltimore that day and will be leaving after. If something changes I'll be seeing you in Hagerstown at 5:00 am :)
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Premium Member
22,004 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Everyone on their own on the way back or is there some consensus for the ride back?
There's normally chat on the way down of who wants to group together on the way back. Generally the consensus has been that because everyone wants to leave at different times its tough to get a whole cruise back. I personally stay until after breakfast on Monday, while others want to leave first thing on Sunday morning to get back much earlier.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
ill be leaving at midnight wednesday into thursday from chester county (West chester/exton area)... hope to meet some people on the way there!

·
Premium Member
22,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ill be leaving at midnight wednesday into thursday from chester county (West chester/exton area)... hope to meet some people on the way there!
Sweet. If you're taking the I81 route, you definitely won't be too far from us at that time. We take the PA turnpike from the Reading interchange over to meet the NJ starting crew around Carlisle. Walkie Talkie channel 8-1 if you have one.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
There's normally chat on the way down of who wants to group together on the way back. Generally the consensus has been that because everyone wants to leave at different times its tough to get a whole cruise back. I personally stay until after breakfast on Monday, while others want to leave first thing on Sunday morning to get back much earlier.

:thumbup:
AH okay. For the exception of the first time I went to sowo, I've always stayed until Monday. Can't this year due to some other commitments. Well have a safe trip, I might see you guys on the road. Ill be leaving from Linden area around 1am or so.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Sweet. If you're taking the I81 route, you definitely won't be too far from us at that time. We take the PA turnpike from the Reading interchange over to meet the NJ starting crew around Carlisle. Walkie Talkie channel 8-1 if you have one.
ill be taking the turnpike then I81 as well! i have to invest in some to chat it up with you guys

1 - 20 of 32 Posts