VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Might be a stupid question but just to be sure the dates are the same as posted above (even though it says 2013)? Very good chance I'll be joining. Hopefully the R gets out of the body shop just in time. *fingers crossed*

·
Premium Member
22,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Might be a stupid question but just to be sure the dates are the same as posted above (even though it says 2013)? Very good chance I'll be joining. Hopefully the R gets out of the body shop just in time. *fingers crossed*
Well spotted, yes, when I copy/pasted I changed the dates but missed the year, all has been corrected now :)

We're leaving this Wednesday night/Thursday morning, and arriving on Thursday afternoon. The more the merrier, so fingers crossed and good luck with your car! :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
There's normally chat on the way down of who wants to group together on the way back. Generally the consensus has been that because everyone wants to leave at different times its tough to get a whole cruise back. I personally stay until after breakfast on Monday, while others want to leave first thing on Sunday morning to get back much earlier.

:thumbup:
We're leaving Monday Mid Morning. If you guys are going to cruise back to Pottstown, we'll join ya.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Keep me in the loop when some of you leave Sunday...wouldn't mind some company since I've driving by myself.

240580 four six nine two - is my number

·
Premium Member
22,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

Reply to BFI's diss said:
The jerks at Black Forest Industries have literally started a pool taking bets as to where our 6 door Mk2 Jetta Limo will break down on the way to Southern Worthersee. We can't wait to prove those *******s wrong, and have them be our chauffeur around Helen once we arrive with all the class and style the Limœ has to offer.

We accept thy challenge, industrialist swine of the dark woods!

·
Premium Member
22,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
FINAL DEPARTURE INFORMATION FOR NJ AND PA.

BRIDGEWATER, NJ. DEPART 1AM SHARP.
Applebee's Grill, 640 Promenade Blvd, Bridgewater, NJ 08807

POTTSTOWN, PA. DEPART 12.30AM SHARP.
WaWa, 1520 E High St Pottstown, PA 19464

The Bridgewater, NJ and Pottstown, PA starting locations are both meeting at the same time, and will start almost simultaneously. We will then all join together en route while driving on I-81 in southern PA, before the first rest stop in Maryland. The NJ starters do NOT stop in PA.

I will personally be at the Pottstown start, so it will be the NJ group's responsibility to please make sure to depart at 1am sharp and to follow the correct route, which is basically I-287 North to I-78 West to I-81 South. If the NJ people can post up when they're meeting so we know you're on the way.
THERE IS A SMALL TOLL CHARGE WHEN LEAVING NJ. MAKE SURE TO HAVE SOME CASH OR EZ-PASS.

I can be reached by text and phone on 484-483-4636 with any questions.

Directions from NJ Meet to rolling PA meeting point (again, the NJ starters do NOT stop in PA!).
1 Head southeast on Promenade Blvd 138 ft
2 Make a U-turn 0.1 mi
3 Continue onto NJ-28 E/Union Ave 0.2 mi
4 Turn left to merge onto I-287 N 7.1 mi
5 Take exit 21B on the left toward I-78 W/Easton Pa 1.5 mi
6 Merge onto I-78 W Partial toll road
Entering Pennsylvania 107 mi
7 Merge onto I-81 S
Entering Maryland 95.7 mi

21 - 32 of 32 Posts