VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

· Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The time has come. I will be ordering C2 stage 1 tommrow http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif With stage 1 and 3" turbo back exhaust, what numbers for hp should i be around? How come almost everybody that has a VRT, dosent have there car running? Am i gonna have that problem? dont plan on turning up the boost or anything crazy like that. Just slapping it on, and running it like it was sent.

Modified by rosado8 at 4:17 PM 3-17-2008

· Registered
756 Posts
Re: Ordering C2 stage 1 tommrow.... (rosado8)

Quote, originally posted by rosado8 »
How come almost everybody that has a VRT, dosent have there car running except dubdoor?

fixed...

Am i gonna have that problem?

DO NOT buy a mbc...

· Registered
9,426 Posts

The time has come. I will be ordering C2 stage 1 tommrow http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif With stage 1 and 3" turbo back exhaust, what numbers for hp should i be around? How come almost everybody that has a VRT, dosent have there car running? Am i gonna have that problem? dont plan on turning up the boost or anything crazy like that. Just slapping it on, and running it like it was sent.

Modified by rosado8 at 4:17 PM 3-17-2008

Yeah, WTF?
Supercharger FTW

· Registered
6,001 Posts

congrats, and yes you will have problems, everyone does, but since your not messing with your head, you shouldnt have as bad of problems as some of us do. JUst put it on and go, and as long as you did everything correct, and just keep it the way it is, you should be fine

· Registered
756 Posts
Re: Ordering C2 stage 1 tommrow.... (GreyBullet)

a manual boost controller or any type of boost controller for that matter...
just run your boost off the supplied 6lb wastegate spring...w/o a controller you won't be...
turning up the boost or anything crazy like that. Just slapping it on, and running it like it was sent.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

i gonna get it insyalled by a shop the right way. i dont wanna have problems for the amount of money im spending on this kit. are they gonna be huge problems, or just stupid little stuff here and there. i got rid of my last turbo car because i had nothing but problems. i dont wanna have to go through it all over again with this one.

· Registered
4,760 Posts

Go easy with it - low boost - don't beat on it.
It should be VERY reliable.
You'll need the yearly maintenance of a turbo car... Otherwise so long as you stay in low psi - you'll be fine.
It's the BIG number cars that are down for the count right now. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
2,755 Posts

i gonna get it insyalled by a shop the right way. i dont wanna have problems for the amount of money im spending on this kit. are they gonna be huge problems, or just stupid little stuff here and there. i got rid of my last turbo car because i had nothing but problems. i dont wanna have to go through it all over again with this one.

And you will pay a fortune, almost half of the cost of stage I kit itself

· Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: Ordering C2 stage 1 tommrow.... (Mr. Rictus)

i really appericate everybody chimming in. just dont wanna make the same mistake i made with the last car. will i start to run into problems when i do stage 2, considering i will have to put the spacer in?

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.