VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey any of you guys have experience with wiring Fogs? I bought smoked ecodes for my car and I'm not too mechanically inclined with wiring the fogs up to the euroswitch, So if any of you know how to do this procedure and wouldnt mind helping out let me know, i will throw down some
as well
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Re: ORLANDO: Anyone know a thing or two about wiring? I need help wiri ... (JettaIzBetta)

321-436-8236 or 407-497-4807

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: ORLANDO: Anyone know a thing or two about wiring? I need help wiri ... (rot gti)

Thanks Scott, Ill give ya a hello, i'm assuming one of those is your cell, which is which?

[Modified by JettaIzBetta, 7:41 PM 3-21-2003]

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Re: ORLANDO: Anyone know a thing or two about wiring? I need help wiri ... (JettaIzBetta)

both
I have 2 cellies. I won't be around much longer tonight, but give me a hello tomorrow morn. If I don't pick up the 1st try the 2nd. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: ORLANDO: Anyone know a thing or two about wiring? I need help wiri ... (rot gti)

will do dude, hey are you doing anything tonight? me and jon are gonna install the ecodes soon, youre welcome to help out if you want

·
Registered
1,182 Posts

I just got off of work. I am going to grab some food with the mrs. and then probably take it easy for the night. Also, for the fog light install, you are going to need a wire repair kit thing from the dealer. I don't have the part number on hand but it makes the install to the back of the euroswitch a lot easier.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Alright man, whens a good time to reach you? Hmm wasnt aware about a wire repair kit, I will look into it though...The ecodes came with its own wire harness for the Fogs, I dont know if that is relevant or not but i'm hoping its not too much of an electrical task to handle

·
Registered
1,182 Posts

You can reach me anytime after 10am. I will look at the harness tomorrow and let you know. If you need the wire, it's not hard at all. It is just a wire with a special metal end so it snaps into the harness. It makes the install very very easy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts