VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife is wanting a new Passat w/technology and the dealers in my area like to post a low price on line but then say that's if you lease and the purchase price is a couple thousand higher. What can I expect for a good price to purchase. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,769 Posts
The wife is wanting a new Passat w/technology and the dealers in my area like to post a low price on line but then say that's if you lease and the purchase price is a couple thousand higher. What can I expect for a good price to purchase. Thanks in advance.
If a VW dealer is trying to play hardball on a sale right now. Find a different VW dealer.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts

That is BS. What is the sticker of the one you want? You should try to get atleast 3-6k off.

·
Banned
13,776 Posts
Truecar shows ~$24k for an SE with tech for zip 33564.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Truecar shows ~$24k for an SE with tech for zip 33564.
Between $23 and $24k is the number they advertise and one dealer so far told me that was the lease price and another dealer is getting back to me that $23k is a purchase price. Luckily there's a crap ton of dealers between Tampa and Orlando. We drove one and she likes it so now I'm calling dealers. What a pain!!

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Passat rebates are awful this month - just $1k, so you'll easily pay a good couple grand more than you would've last month, or probably next month. Last month there were $2500 in rebates, and $3k in rebates in March. They're going to have to increase the dealership discount more to move cars, but you will still pay more than in recent months.

Give the month of May a pass...June can't possibly get worse I would imagine, especially as we get closer to '18s.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Passat rebates are awful this month - just $1k, so you'll easily pay a good couple grand more than you would've last month, or probably next month. Last month there were $2500 in rebates, and $3k in rebates in March. They're going to have to increase the dealership discount more to move cars, but you will still pay more than in recent months.

Give the month of May a pass...June can't possibly get worse I would imagine, especially as we get closer to '18s.
Thanks. That's an option. We don't need a car right now but her BMW is getting up there in miles and we don't need the AWD in Florida.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
So close after tax refund season is not the best time to purchase a car. Wait till May's sales show a drop if you can, then maybe June's incentives will look better. Later this fall is one of the better times to buy.

·
Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast!
2021 RS6 Avant, 2019 Audi eTron, 2010 A6 Avant, 2002 Chevy 2500, 1988 16v Scircco
10,137 Posts

There very well could be a lease only incentive from VCI that is only applicable on a lease

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just made a deal at $24k and happy with the trade. Thanks for the responses.

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
SCCA membership gets you supplier pricing - $500, then your incentives stack. We did this for my dad's Passat and he got $6200 off (Passat S). I'm guessing you can do very similar. GLWS

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
SCCA membership gets you supplier pricing - $500, then your incentives stack. We did this for my dad's Passat and he got $6200 off (Passat S). I'm guessing you can do very similar. GLWS
Not sure if by supplier you meant invoice, but yes, SCCA membership gets you the car at invoice minus $500 minus rebates, OR it can be used as just an additional $500 rebate on an already discounted car. Don't be surprised if you have to explain that to the sales person and get a lot of deliberate confusion from them.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:thumbup: :thumbup:
Sticker was $29,375 so I'm happy at $24k and like I said they were fair with my trade. Our 2009 BMW 328xi had 118k miles and we owned since new and was becoming a liability. Plus we don't need awd in Florida as we just moved last year from CT. Lakeland VW was great and about 12 miles from home so we will service it there as well.
Just need to get the windows tinted.
Thanks again.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts