VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Ouch 2k worth of damage

536 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  00boravr6 
#1 ·
As per my previous threads i hit a huge bump and was having camber problems with my passenger front wheel. Yesterday coming to work the car had a noticeable tilt to the right and began to shake, I immediately drove her to the dealer and called my insurance. I am glad i did, while there wasnt alot of noticeable to the naked eye damage, I am going to need about 2k worth of repairs, hub, bearings, cvboot etc etc etc. On the bright side my H&R shock and spring on that side came through it all unscathed. TO make all this worse i saw a hottie in a brand new Golf TDI at the Mc DOnalds drive through, too bad im driving a base model Focus with a 3 speed automatic as a rental.

See less See more
#3 ·
Re: Ouch 2k worth of damage (samc)

I have taken to shifting it myself and turning off the AC to pass, this whole car feels like it is built out of rubber, the one bright point is it has a competent and well damped suspension (are u listening VW?? Im talking about a 4 door base model FOCUS with a good suspension) All in all driving this steaming turd of a car makes me appreciate my dub more and more.

#8 ·
Re: Ouch 2k worth of damage (TheCeleryStalker)

one time i lost the keys to my dub and i had to drive my moms 2001 elantra is sucked so bad the seats were so uncomfortable ..excepttttt it was a 16valve and it was fastter than my 2.slow..but i still think the 2.slow dub eats the elantra

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.