VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Banned
14,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the Vortex front page. Looks like VW has a new head designer:
Murat Günak (46) took over as Head of Design of the Volkswagen Group on 1 January 2004. He is now responsible for the design activities of all brands in the Group.
Günak succeeds Dr. Hartmut Warkuß (63). Dr. Warkuß leaves the Volkswagen Group after almost 36 successful years with the company. His positions included Head of Audi Design from 1976 - 1993, from where he moved to become Head of the Group's "Centre of Excellence Design”. He spearheaded the styling of models such as the first Audi 100 and the present Volkswagen Passat. He will maintain close ties with Volkswagen AG.
Murat Günak studied design at Hochschule für Bildende Künste (Academy of Fine Arts) in Kassel and was awarded the degree of Master of Automotive Design by the Royal College of Art in London. Günak became Head of Design at Peugeot in 1994, before assuming responsibility for the design of Mercedes Passenger Cars, Maybach and SLR at DaimlerChrysler AG in 1998. He has been Head of Design at the Volkswagen brand group (Volkswagen, Skoda, Bentley) since April 2003.

I hope he's good and doesn't screw things up like Bangle.

· Banned
130 Posts
Re: Our Bangle? (hawc)

Quote, originally posted by hawc »
From the Vortex front page. Looks like VW has a new head designer:
Murat Günak (46) took over as Head of Design of the Volkswagen Group on 1 January 2004. He is now responsible for the design activities of all brands in the Group.
Günak succeeds Dr. Hartmut Warkuß (63). Dr. Warkuß leaves the Volkswagen Group after almost 36 successful years with the company. His positions included Head of Audi Design from 1976 - 1993, from where he moved to become Head of the Group's "Centre of Excellence Design”. He spearheaded the styling of models such as the first Audi 100 and the present Volkswagen Passat. He will maintain close ties with Volkswagen AG.
Murat Günak studied design at Hochschule für Bildende Künste (Academy of Fine Arts) in Kassel and was awarded the degree of Master of Automotive Design by the Royal College of Art in London. Günak became Head of Design at Peugeot in 1994, before assuming responsibility for the design of Mercedes Passenger Cars, Maybach and SLR at DaimlerChrysler AG in 1998. He has been Head of Design at the Volkswagen brand group (Volkswagen, Skoda, Bentley) since April 2003.

By bringing BMWs sales to the highest point it has ever been?
Oh, I sure hope not.

· Banned
14,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Our Bangle? (Isis180)

Quote, originally posted by Isis180 »
By bringing BMWs sales to the highest point it has ever been?
Oh, I sure hope not.

Sales has nothing to do with beautiful timeless desgin.
You think the Chevy Cavalier or the Pontiac Sunfire or any Kia's are beautifully desgined cars? Yet they all have sold increadibly well.

· Registered
59,645 Posts

Yeah, God forbid he makes some distinctive designs and doesn't come up with something that looks like a Honda Civic.

· Registered
127 Posts

Sales has nothing to do with beautiful timeless desgin.
You think the Chevy Cavalier or the Pontiac Sunfire or any Kia's are beautifully desgined cars? Yet they all have sold increadibly well.

They only sell that well because they're offered with an exceptional warranty and they're cheaper than dirt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.