VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so our black on burgundy 964 coupe was stolen last night in San Francisco near USF. It is just a Carrera 2 with no wide body or big wing or anything. It has no license plates, a few stickers on the windshield, has chrome Cup II's, and a momo steering wheel. The interior is a lightly faded burgundy leather, so some parts look kinda purplish. It's a 5speed. I guess the only real thing that I can think of that is unique to this particular 964 is the ghetto stylez sunroof seal that is all silicone'd. You'd be able to tell that it is not original. That and I guess the severely chipped but glossy hood.
The VIN is:WP0AB2965LS450950
BTW, this is not the same 911 you guys saw us with at TST a few months back. That was our 993, and this is our 964. And yes, we filed a report with our insurance and the popo's.

Modified by 959Lover at 10:12 PM 10-25-2007

· Registered
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Our Porsche 964 was stolen! (jedinight37)

Quote, originally posted by jedinight37 »
That sucks bro, that was a beautiful car. how is your dad taking it? Again that sucks, let me know if I could do anything out here on my side

Thanks Eric. Actually, it wasnt the one you saw either
. He just got this one a few weeks ago. He's taking it a lot harder than I thought he would, but I guess he really wanted it. And so did the guy that stole it. Bleh.

Just called him and got the VIN too
WP0AB2965LS450950

· Registered
49 Posts
Hey I'm 959 lover's brother. This really sucks, we're all a little tight for money and this is the last thing we needed right now. Anyway it would be great if you guys could keep your eyes open for a black 1990 911. The interior is burgundy, not red. As I understand it, this was kinda rare, so if you see black on burgundy, please let 959 lover know.

· Registered
2,541 Posts
Re: (CasaDelShawn)

Post up on CL, and keep renewing it to the top of the for sale thread.......My cousin was able to get he car back that way. Again, let me know if I can do anything. Also I sent an e-mail to Devek so they will call if they hear anything.

· Registered
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (jedinight37)

Quote, originally posted by CasaDelShawn »
Ashkan, that blows goats. I remember you talking about how excited your dad was about it. What's the plate #?

It has no plates as it is from another state and the plates of that state were surrendered, and we're waiting for new CA plates...

Quote, originally posted by jedinight37 »
Post up on CL, and keep renewing it to the top of the for sale thread.......My cousin was able to get he car back that way. Again, let me know if I can do anything. Also I sent an e-mail to Devek so they will call if they hear anything.

Totally forgot about Devek, thanks Eric. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif. As for posting it up on CL, i'll talk to the bro and see what he thinks about hte idea

· Registered
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My bro saved the pics from the ebay listing when we bought the car. Note, the rocker panel has since been fixed, the gas door closes now, the wheels are chrome cup II's now, and the steering wheel is some momo model that I don't remember

· Registered
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (FliGi7)

Quote, originally posted by FliGi7 »
What was the car doing out without plates on it?

Quote, originally posted by 959Lover »

It has no plates as it is from another state and the plates of that state were surrendered, and we're waiting for new CA plates...

· Registered
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

I read that. I asked what it was doing out, not why it didn't have plates.

Out as in not in a garage? Where do you want us to put it? Are you offering me your garage space? Not everyone in the city has garage space you know...

· Registered
3,765 Posts
Re: (959Lover)

Quote, originally posted by 959Lover »

Out as in not in a garage? Where do you want us to put it? Are you offering me your garage space? Not everyone in the city has garage space you know...

I apologize for asking a simply innocent question that you took as an opportunity to provide a jackass response. I retract it. Good luck getting it back.

· Registered
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: (ladiexmack)

Quote, originally posted by ladiexmack »
Good luck!!

Thanks Mackie!

I apologize for asking a simply innocent question that you took as an opportunity to provide a jackass response. I retract it. Good luck getting it back.

Think about it, don't I have the right to be a jackass right now? We just had a car stolen! Plz don't take it personal, we're just going through a rough time. We're used to Porsche ppl being fukkfaces to us, so come on, throw us a bone, plz.
Quote, originally posted by black_sheep »
Sucks to be you. Should've pulled out all that random junk you got in the garage and parked the car in there.

Did you ever send those seats. That guy needs them. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Matias, u got PM.

EDIT: Cleaned up to keep this thread out of the blackhole

Modified by 959Lover at 5:44 PM 10-26-2007

· Registered
2,367 Posts

What was the car doing out without plates on it?

When I buy a new car I pull the dealer plates off and drive it with absolutely no plates for the weeks until they come in the mail. There is nothing wrong with it. This was a similar situation. Cut them some slack

· Registered
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: (Icantdrive65)

Quote, originally posted by Icantdrive65 »

When I buy a new car I pull the dealer plates off and drive it with absolutely no plates for the weeks until they come in the mail. There is nothing wrong with it. This was a similar situation. Cut them some slack

Thank you. Have a six pack on me!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.