VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 1 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2,528 Posts
Re: Out of state inspections... (Y2kSI)

the only way it is legal to keep a car registered in a state while living in another is to either be in the military or be going to college so register your car in RI and be done with it. if you are in the military and you need an inspection for base driving privledges then you can get RI to do it but you will need a NJ inspection soon after you enter NJ to be legal there. In cal you need to have your car registered w/i 10 days of taking up residence and yes, they do care and will ticket you for it.
1 - 1 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.