VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car is a B6 Ultrasport.
Head is a ported AEB, new guides/lifters, CAT 3658 cams, 1mm oversize valves, CAT gold springs, and CAT adjustable cam gear.
Short block is a mirror image of mine: Wiseco 9:1 83mm pistons with coated skirts and tool steel pins, Pauter rods with edm'd oil passage, .001" oversize rod bearings, 82.6mm stroke crank, coated main bearings, and ARP main studs. Turbo setup is a Pag logger mani with 44mm elbow welded on, and a 3076R .63ar.
Intercooler is an ER competiton kit, ER also did the downpipe to Milltek and exhaust dump fabrication.
Car still has an INA intake manifold that needs to go on, then get tuned to 8000rpms and then the dump opens as well. Torque curve is super nice and makes me confident that there is much more in it on 93 http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif The first dyno is on 91 oct and a Uni 630cc MAF tune, and the injectors were maxing out. Second dyno is on 93 and 75lb injectors with no MAF. Car has a custom Uni tune that is progess on 034's Dynomite dyno.
Enjoy and comment to your hearts content!

·
Registered
917 Posts
Re: Over 400awhp and rising... (crazyass713)

Looking good. I am planning on doing a setup myself through 034 so it is nice to see that some others are too. Those guys have been great so far helping me out with all the (dumb) questions that I have so I really gotta hand it to them. Can't wait to get mine going as well. Just curious, how many miles on the car when you did all this?

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FV-QR

Right around 50k miles.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Re: FV-QR (crazyass713)

Cool, I am right in the mid-80's and was a little hesitant about it, but I have been keeping my '04 in good shape so I don't think it will be a problem. Thanks, and good luck with the car! Any quick tips aside from the obvious?

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FV-QR

Yes, make your driveline stiff. Buy the 034 motor/tranny mount and their snub mount with bracket. Also do the Stern rear diff mount and power ring.
Oh, and have 20k to throw at the car

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FV-QR

Quick quote from Javad:
We're not going to be able to test the IM on this project, so stay tuned for future dyno's about that.
Today we did some more 93 octane tuning, and also did a quick 100 octane tune. Since Jacob doesn't want a 100 octane tune (and its his car, and we respect our customer's wishes
), he was kind enough to allow us to do a quick tune to see what the motor was capable of. Its by no means a strung out tune but a safe 100 octane tune, needless to say, no other changes than the fuel and tuning, the results are impressive.
We turned boost to 28psi and let it rip, the GT30R continues to amaze me even though I've been tuning with it for almost 5 years...465whp at a relatively low 28psi, held 27 to past 7500rpm:

Video of the run:

Tomorrow we're looking to finish up the tuning, and we'll do the back to back MAF vs Mafless pulls tomorrow as well.
Enjoy,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts