VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been chasing a battery drain issue and I think I narrowed it down to a single circuit. The fuse, F8, is in the engine compartment of my 2006, Jetta, TDI. With the fuse in place I see a continuous 2 amp draw, when its removed the draw drops to 20-30 MA. According to Fuse-box.info is the following.
F815 / 25J503 - Control unit with display for radio and navigation,
R - Radio,
R - Preparation for radio and navigation system with TV (models for Japan)
Note: I do not have a navigation system and I've read a lot about the dreaded aftermarket navigation system drain but nothing about a OEM radio. I should also mention that there is an amplifier under the drivers seat. I regret not having a Bentley diagram and I'm wondering if there is something else between the fuse and radio or if there is anything else on the circuit. All and any information will be appreciated.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So your battery drain went from SB12 / F12 to SB8 / F8
Yes, I finally got a good meter and good direction, I didn't have proper test equipment the first time and I was all over the map. Now I feel pretty confident that the 2 amp drain is on this fuse.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I finally got a good meter and good direction, I didn't have proper test equipment the first time and I was all over the map. Now I feel pretty confident that the 2 amp drain is on this fuse.
I forgot to say thank you for inquiring.

·
Registered
6,822 Posts
The SB 8 goes to the radio and the digital satellite radio tuner if you have one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts