VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so today as I was driving along I suddenly get the red flashing coolant light and the cluster is beeping at me. I pull over, wait for about 15 minutes until the gauge goes from the 260 Fahrenheit mark (all the way to the right) back to 190 (the middle), then just to be safe I wait another 15 minutes and I have to repeat this 5 or 6 times on my 4 mile trip back home, as the needle went back to the "red zone" every 5-6 minutes of running the engine.
What's weird is that every time the needle moved rather quickly from 260 to 190, and then for the next 15 minutes didn't move at all from 190, it seemed to be stuck there.
I VAGCOM scanned and got this:
16955 - Brake Light Switch (F): Implausible Signal
16501 - Engine Coolant Temp. Sensor (G62): Signal too Low
19497 - Powertrain Databus: Implausible Engine Temp. Message from Inst. Panel
From what I understand, does this mean the coolant temp sensor is going bad?

Modified by rapyoke at 10:11 PM 4-30-2010

·
Registered
431 Posts
Re: (pfhunt44)

Quote, originally posted by pfhunt44 »
my vr6 24v does the same thing when it is warm outside, like when i am at a long stop light it will creep up but when i start driving it will go right back to 190

thats not normal lol. Have you checked to make sure you have the appropriate amount of g12?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.