VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know nothing about waxing or anything. I have a 96 golf with suede silver paint, or at least that is what I think it is called, its a silverish beige (not my favorite
) anyways it has spots on the hood, fender and roof that loof very faded. Is this oxidation and how do I fix it thanx

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
Re: oxidation?? (j.Connor)

Depending on how bad it is you'll probably have to get it buffed out. Since you dont know too much about car care you might want a pro to take care of it for you.

·
Registered
127 Posts

I really can't tell without seeing some pics of your car, but to check and see if it is oxidation, take a white terry cloth towel, or any white towel, and some wax, use the wax and the towel on the spots, and rub until the wax is gone (just like waxing your car) then check the towel, if its oxidation, then the color of the oxidation will be on the white towel, check it and see...and leave another post, and I will get back to you on how to rid your car of this problem, if it turns out to be oxidation.

·
Registered
127 Posts

You can try taking it to a professional and they might be able to do something with it, as far a getting it re-painted, you usually get what you pay for, I know around here a GOOD paint job costs around $5000, and thats just to scuff and paint, I would look around at the body shops in your area, and look at some jobs that they do, get some prices, and mostly look for Orange Peel, Fish Eyes, quality of Paint (Name of Paint used), application process (bake booth, down draft, electroylzes sp.?), and most importantly cost, since your still in high school and have money going towards other things for your car, I would not pay under $2000 for a paint job.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.