VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to get a feel of what people prefer as far as the thickness of a hubcentric spacer for OZ SL's. Most likely the spacers would be mounted to the rears to make the rears poke out a little. Thanks in advance.
Rich

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Hey Rich, I'm not sure if this is answering your question, but since the rear track is 26mm shorter, I would use a 10mm spacer to make it about as even as possible with the front.

·
Registered
31,002 Posts
Re: OZ SL owners...What size spacers do you prefer? (bluer3204)

Many people read a spacer for what it does at the top of the wheel arch. Flushing it there pushes out a decent amount of tread at the other end near the trailing edge of the bumper.
Some like that look, and with the right wheels (IMO, 8.5" and higher) it looks ok. But on 7.5" and 8" wide wheels (again IMO) the pushed look seems forced/fake.
10-12mm on the SL's gets them out there but keeps the appearance balanced.

·
Registered
7,314 Posts

Rich, we talked about a 5mm for what I want. But, after re-reading th IM, I've confused myself... Just want to be sure before you proceed. Im me if you can. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (NY SLC 93)

Quote, originally posted by NY SLC 93 »
Where can you get these wheels nowadays?

A co-worker of mine just got his new set from tire rack last week 18" x 8". Maybe he just got lucky.

Thanks for your help on this guys..
Rich

Modified by bluer3204 at 12:42 PM 4-24-2006

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Re: (bluer3204)

Quote, originally posted by bluer3204 »

A co-worker of mine just got his new set from tire rack last week 18" x 8". Maybe he just got lucky.
Rich

Im gonna say he was Lucky, unless they werent for the R
Most places are sold out of them.
Ebay is the best place nowdays... Thats where i got mine

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
Re: (NY SLC 93)

Wanna make a deal for my Brand new, never mounted SL's & a little cash for a same condition set of CH's. I have 5 SL's, in boxes.... IM me if interested.
Rich, this does not affect my taking a set of spacers....

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (ilko)

I am planning to have some of these on hand for the EIP GTG. I just wanted to get a feel of what size is the most desired. I just went outside and I checked out my co-workers R and I agree that a 10mm would be just right.
Rich

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Yeah, the fronts poke out more. The true even look would be a 13mm spacer.
I was thinking of adding rear hubcentric spacers, but I have the OEM Euro suspension, which lowers the rear a little bit more than the front. I'm afraid that if I added the spacers the rear tires will rub against the wheel wells. Plus I can't use my wheel locks, because the bolts would be too short... Any ideas?

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: (ilko)

Quote, originally posted by ilko »
Yeah, the fronts poke out more. The true even look would be a 13mm spacer.
I was thinking of adding rear hubcentric spacers, but I have the OEM Euro suspension, which lowers the rear a little bit more than the front. I'm afraid that if I added the spacers the rear tires will rub against the wheel wells. Plus I can't use my wheel locks, because the bolts would be too short... Any ideas?

Ilko, I will most likely have 8mm spacers with my SSRs to give it a balanced look. I too have the OEM Euro Suspension. I dont foresee any issues with that setup.
Rich

·
Registered
765 Posts

I'm thinking about getting spacers as well and tested a set of 8mm w/ my Flik LTD 17x8 35et wheels last nite. I'm running Falken 615s in 245/45/17 so the tires run really wide (section width9.6"). I felt it look pretty close to flush with the front w/o any worry of rubbing on the fender. Sorry didn't take any pics.
http://www.parts4vws.com/catal...55716
For the ones with the lip they say "Spacer to wheel fitment needs to be checked prior to instalation. Most aftermarket wheels will NOT work with these spacers." BUT I've been told that it is good to have a lip so the wheel is not 100% supported by the bolts.
Question: Lip or no Lip?

Modified by chud at 6:06 PM 4-25-2006

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.