VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up set of 17*8 et 35 oz ultraleggeras.
As you imagine oem GTI bolts are not long enough. so i have couple questions:
What bolt seat do ultraleggera wheels require?
What lenght bodo i need to safly mount them to my car?
Are there any OEM bolts (maybe Audi or MB) that will work, or do i need to go through Tire Rack or ECS to buy them?

Thanks!

·
Vendor
39,674 Posts
When in doubt it's always best to contact the manufacture to make 100% sure but, after further looking into this these take 36mm ball seat bolt. You can also do a quick visual test - run your finger down the lug bore to feel what style taper the seat could be. Some aftermarket wheels can be either ball or conical seat. Double check the hub bore as well, most aftermarket wheels will come with a larger hub bore for more application options.

Andy

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When in doubt it's always best to contact the manufacture to make 100% sure but, after further looking into this these take 36mm ball seat bolt. You can also do a quick visual test - run your finger down the lug bore to feel what style taper the seat could be. Some aftermarket wheels can be either ball or conical seat. Double check the hub bore as well, most aftermarket wheels will come with a larger hub bore for more application options.

Andy
Thanks Andy!
Wheels already have correct hubrings.
Can you please PM me price for set of 20 bolts?
Do you know id any VAG cars same with oem 36mm bolts?

Thanks,
Nedim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.