VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Re: P-Flo vs AEM Cold Air (RavinJetta)

I have the AEM and I feel its one of the few intakes that offers an improvement over the stock air-box. For example, take a sprited drive and then touch your filter and surrounding pieces (be careful, dont burn yourself
). Notice how warm they are? I did the same on my AEM, the pipe by the MAF is warm, but the filter and pipe behind the grill is nice and cool.
As for water, no problems in the rain or even through a mild puddle I splashed through. I think with a 4-motion front valence (direct fit for the Mk4 Jetta) with the driver-side vent cut out, there could possibly be even more benifit. (edit: Assuming the Jetta one sits as low as my GTI one... it rests on the valance.)

[Modified by oeb, 11:50 AM 4-10-2002]

·
Registered
336 Posts
Re: P-Flo vs AEM Cold Air (oeb)

I have it on my MKIV GTI VR6 and i love it! One of the best upgrades i've done... The throttle response was great, increased power, and it sounds mean...
I haven't had any problems with water and i've driven in the snow and the rain... I also cut the backs out of the right side grill (where the temp sensor hangs out) to let more air in... It's awesome... Def worth it... Where are you planning on getting yours? I have a hookup that could proably get you a really good price... email me at [email protected] or IM me on here... I'll get the info for you! Have fun. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Re: P-Flo vs AEM Cold Air (Gavster)

Autothority will have a FlowTech CAI for the A4 VR6 any day. It is similar to AEM's, however the tube ends between the battery and fender, putting the filter closer to cool incoming air without placing it as near to the ground as the AEM. I was told the price would be between $225 and $250.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Re: P-Flo vs AEM Cold Air (Driver Too)

i have had the eurosport coolflo, a custom cold air intake with a k&n that piped in front of the wheel well, and now the aem.
they were better than stock in that order, cool flo was ok, the custom cai felt even better, and the aem felt a little better again, much better than stock.
it sounds terrific too.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Re: P-Flo vs AEM Cold Air (oeb)

quote:[HR][/HR]
As for water, no problems in the rain or even through a mild puddle I splashed through. I think with a 4-motion front valence (direct fit for the Mk4 Jetta) with the driver-side vent cut out, there could possibly be even more benifit. (edit: Assuming the Jetta one sits as low as my GTI one... it rests on the valance.)[HR][/HR]​
do you have any pics of it sitting on the valance? thats interesting.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Re: P-Flo vs AEM Cold Air (RavinJetta)

I had the P-flow but now have the AEM. In my opinion the AEM is much better as it acutally draws in cold air. Also the quality of the product is excellent and look great under the hood.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Re: P-Flo vs AEM Cold Air (JETTSET)

it would be great to have a carbino vs aem vs autothority vs pflow vs stock dyno shootout. i wish.

value wise, i think the aem is the best buy within the group. cheaper compared to the other cai. i have pflow and am thinking of the aem. but a dyno comparison would help make decision.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.