VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a neuspeed P-flo and was thinking of upgrading to a AEM cold air intake. I was wondering if anyone has an AEM on their car or what if any differences are.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Re: P-Flo vs AEM Cold Air (RavinJetta)

most vortexers will agree that the p-flo is no good and just draws hot air into your engine.
i know a few vr6'ers who have the AEM and love it. The shop I go to recommended an ITG intake though. Not sure of any differences, but the AEM sounds like the way to go. People dont' mention them that much because the VR6 application just came out a few months ago iirc.
When i get an intake, it will most likely be AEM, and it sounds great

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: P-Flo vs AEM Cold Air (bergenvr6)

Yeah that is what I was thinking but am just making sure before I go through with it. Thanks for the advice

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Re: P-Flo vs AEM Cold Air (bergenvr6)

I had the abd q-flow, which is basically a p-flo and I hated it. The sound was good, but I the performance side isnt all that great. I now have the AEM CAI and I love it. Sounds great, and the performance side is excellent. The car is noticably diff w/ it. If your debating on an intake and willing to fork out the money for a AEM do it. You wont be disappointed. The decision is yours. Good Luck http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Re: P-Flo vs AEM Cold Air (SHaVedGTi)

yeahi agree with shavedgti, i got the aem cai during the group by, and let me tell you, i love it, they vr6 sounds like it has some balls behind it now..... exhaust with that intake probably sounds very nice......... i have had it for about 2 weeks now....... i dont think i will take it off for a while..... it isnt that hard to install either which was a plus http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Re: P-Flo vs AEM Cold Air (RavinJetta)

during the gb we paind 180 with no shipping......... i believe retail it is 300 or something odd like that

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: P-Flo vs AEM Cold Air (jettagliboy)

Thanks for your guys help. I think I am going to go for it because the P-flo sounds nice but I haven't really noticcced any performance difference. Plus my friends car who has a AEM short ram sound really nice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts