VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow vdubs. i was wondering if anybody happens to have the part number for a G93 Fluid temp sensor for a 09A 5spd tiptronic transmission? Know of any sites that sells them? I couldn't find it on 1stvwparts.com.
Reason for asking is because i have a shifting problem and the error code that came up for me was the brake switch and 00300 Trans Fluid Temp Sensor. I also have a spare N92 shift solenoid for sale if anyone needs one.

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
The fluid temp sensor is built into the internal harness. I dont have the part number though.
Did you know it was deep inside the trans requiring removal and disassembly to replace?
Or.. you can try the CoolAirVw Tip-Temp-Trick. See this thread..
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4487328

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (CoolAirVw)

Thank You Very Much CoolAirVw for your link! That's a excellent idea with really no down time! I think i will do that. Now i just need to find the Temp sensor.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (CoolAirVw)

lol!
Would anyone happen to have the part number for the transmission fluid temp sensor? It seems like 1stvwparts.com cant get it even though i gave them my VIN.

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
Call your local dealer. Have them fax you the diagram of the solenoids and wiring inside the sidecover. You need the internal harness.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The fluid temp sensor is built into the internal harness. I dont have the part number though.
Did you know it was deep inside the trans requiring removal and disassembly to replace?
Or.. you can try the CoolAirVw Tip-Temp-Trick. See this thread..
temp sensor????? help please
Again with the "its internal and you have to RIP it out and tear it down " why are folks saying that? Just found the TRANSMISSION TEMPERATURE SENSOR " on bottom front plugged into lower part and wire comes up in front into a small bracket with another plug!!
If you only give one answer you assume you have been given correct information of EXACTLY which transmission folks are talking about. No wonder these things are so hard to find correct answers for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.