VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1957 Beetle, 1990 diesel Jetta, 1990 Corrado, 2005 GTI, 2007 GTI, 2012 Jetta TDI
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
07 MK5 GTI 137k miles. Previously tuned by someone else through Boost Dynamic Tuning. Looks like the stock turbo/wastegate. Bought the car for $500. Sorted through a lot of problems. I’m a new VCDS user. Boost gauge reads about 20psi regularly. Once the car is nice and warm it will spike to 20 or so then fall to 5ish. Gives a p2099. Replaced the N75. No change. Original manifold (hot side) was cracked. I replaced it. New manifold wastegate is nice and tight. Preload seems fine. I suspected the wastegate actuator. When I add some pressure with a hand pump (5-10) it does move but it doesn’t hold for more than a second. Doesn’t hold a vacuum well either. If I go for an aftermarket setup with a stronger spring do I have to re-tune? Should I just replace it with a stock 5psi actuator?Looking at a turbosmart IWG75. They make one for the Audi k03, should be the same turbo as the FSI/BPY. Trying to stay away from the forge - same as the Chinese mamba on eBay. For the roasters - I did some searches but didn’t find much. Thoughts?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts