VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for Erik, answered last question about evap valve. Or anyone who can help. Checked evap vavle while the car was on, first it didn't make a clinking sound, so I moved it around a lot, then all of a sudden it started clicking for about 20 seconds, then it stopped and didn't do it again. So it must be that my evap valve is bad.
Where can I get a new one, and where is the charcoal can, do I removed the fender wall.
Thanks in advance
Al

·
Registered
23,355 Posts
Re: p0440-evap vavle (golfgl76)

Yo! Glad I skim through the new posts every so often...
Ok, so if the purge valve does rattle from time to time, that doesn't totally mean that the valve is shot.
But, to replace it is quite simple; find a donor valve through a local junkyard, all trim models will work.
As for the canister, let me get you a photo:

If you've got more questions, feel free to ask!
- Erik

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Re: p0440-evap vavle (bluefox280)

hey erik, so the charcoal canister seems to be inverted ifyou are looking from the ground and up? am i correct? it has a clear tube and a black hose that connect to it right?
after so long, i stillhave my evap code ......
and i still cant find the purge valve...

·
Registered
23,355 Posts
Re: p0440-evap vavle (golfgl76)

Quote, originally posted by golfgl76 »
One last thing, If I got the p0440 code does that definitely mean that I have faulty evap valve.

Not always, but usually that's the case.
Check for corroded electrical terminals; those also can cause that kind of code.
Also, verify that your gas cap is tight and not venting out into the atmosphere.
- Erik

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.