VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a CEL come on yesterday and went to get it scanned and code P1113 came up. The tech thought it may have something to do with an O2 sensor but wasn't sure. Could someone please let me know what this code related to. Also, what usually triggers this code? Is it something to be concerned about? FYI - the car is well maintained. It's a 2000 Passat GLS 1.8T ATW. Thanks all!

· Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: P1113 Trouble Code - what does it mean? (pipes)

Thought I'd bring this post to life again... Have now replaced all braided vacuum lines with new ones. Any other lines or components I should check before dropping two to three hundred on a new front O2 sensor? I would hate to replace the sensor and find out I still have the same DTC... Any help would be appreciated. FYI - I get the annoying beep and the "emissions workshop" display. Have also been driving the car like this for a long time with no other issues.

· Registered
1,687 Posts
Re: P1113 Trouble Code - what does it mean? (Garpo)

Quote, originally posted by Garpo »
Thought I'd bring this post to life again... Have now replaced all braided vacuum lines with new ones. Any other lines or components I should check before dropping two to three hundred on a new front O2 sensor? I would hate to replace the sensor and find out I still have the same DTC... Any help would be appreciated. FYI - I get the annoying beep and the "emissions workshop" display. Have also been driving the car like this for a long time with no other issues.
that code is for Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor: B1 S1: Internal Resistance too High.
Had the same problem with my car, replace the pre-cat O2 sensor and it didnt work. Most likely there is another trouble code and the O2 sensor is making adjustments.
Get the car scanned with a VAG-COM and get back to us with the other code.
Now dont go spend $200-300 on a pre-cat o2 sensor, order one through ECS for $25. http://www.ecstuning.com/stage...=1526

· Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: P1113 Trouble Code - what does it mean? (OttaCee)

Thx Ottacee. I had already checked out the ECS website and phoned them about that particular sensor. They said it works well with MOST ATW engines but also mentioned that it doesn't work on some of them. I'd like to find out from anyone on this forum if they have used this particular sensor and what their feedback is. The trouble code I provided was the only one which came up when VAG'd. What do you (or others) figure might be triggering this code. I think it is something other than the O2 sensor but could be wrong....

· Registered
1,687 Posts
Re: P1113 Trouble Code - what does it mean? (Garpo)

Quote, originally posted by Garpo »
Thx Ottacee. I had already checked out the ECS website and phoned them about that particular sensor. They said it works well with MOST ATW engines but also mentioned that it doesn't work on some of them. I'd like to find out from anyone on this forum if they have used this particular sensor and what their feedback is. The trouble code I provided was the only one which came up when VAG'd. What do you (or others) figure might be triggering this code. I think it is something other than the O2 sensor but could be wrong....
Well I did buy this pre-cat o2 sensor from ECS and it worked just fine. My installer said it wasnt a cheap knockoff at all and was suprised at how good the price was. When I was having my problem, I pulled 2 codes, the P1113 and the P0171 "Bank 1 Too Lean". I decided to go for the cheaper route and order the $30 o2 sensor. After that didnt work, I replaced the MAF (for $60 from ECS). When I took it out the old MAF, the "sensitive resisitor" (?) part was gone, so i knew it was that. Sure enough it fixed it.
So what I would do next???
- Take out the MAF, look at it. Possibly clean it but check to make sure everything is there! Be careful with it though!
- Look at your hoses. I know you changed out your vaccum hoses but a a notorious hose to break is this one:

- Get another VAG-COM scan.
- Replace the MAF
- Replace the pre-cat O2 sensor

· Banned
867 Posts
Re: P1113 Trouble Code - what does it mean? (OttaCee)

P0171 Fuel Trim,Bank1 System too Lean
i would check the hose OttaCee was talking about, that is the vaccuum that goes to your fpr

Modified by Dirty Dan at 7:04 PM 1-10-2006

· Registered
7 Posts
Im having a similar problem with my 1.8T Passat. My ECU light is on and im not getting much boost. Ive had it looked at and they said to replace the front o2 sensor. I replaced it and its still the same. Ive checked the pipes and everything looks fine. What else can i check?
Cheers

· Banned
867 Posts
Re: (DaveV)

Quote, originally posted by DaveV »
Im having a similar problem with my 1.8T Passat. My ECU light is on and im not getting much boost. Ive had it looked at and they said to replace the front o2 sensor. I replaced it and its still the same. Ive checked the pipes and everything looks fine. What else can i check?
Cheers

see if you can pull the codes, then post up what they are

· Registered
7 Posts
Im gonna try and see someone tomorrow to try and get the codes. Theres not many places i can go around here (Cardiff, South Wales) to get it looked at. VW want around £80 just to plug it in. I just had another quick look at it now. There seems like there might be a split in a small braided pipe that runs from under the inlet manifold to some kinda valve at the back of the engine. Colud this be causing my problem?

· Banned
867 Posts
Re: (DaveV)

Quote, originally posted by DaveV »
Im gonna try and see someone tomorrow to try and get the codes. Theres not many places i can go around here (Cardiff, South Wales) to get it looked at. VW want around £80 just to plug it in. I just had another quick look at it now. There seems like there might be a split in a small braided pipe that runs from under the inlet manifold to some kinda valve at the back of the engine. Colud this be causing my problem?

sounds like the vaccuum line to your dv, that could be the problem

· Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (Dirty Dan)

Yep - could very well be the culprit. FYI - any of those small diameter braided lines are vacuum lines. The factory one's are pretty much garbage. They deteriorate quickly and tend to crack. You can order good silicone one's online for very cheap. The first thing I would do is replace all of those and go from there. It's something even a non-mechanical type can do. Good luck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.