VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this is so frustrating. Been dealing with this stupid EVAP issue for years. I wish I could just disable it with VAG-COM, I know if I knew the correct addresses and such in the ECU I could do that
. But anyways...
I have gotten a new used pump from a guy and he said he verifies with VAG-COM that it works. So I put a vacuum supply to it from the car and I know the hoses are fine. I hook other hose up to charcoal canister and the third intake hose is not needed, for testing purposes. Now with this old pump and the new one I still get this P1475
P1475
EVAP Emission Contr.LDP Circ Malfunction/Signal Circ.Open .
I noticed the purge valve was not sealing fully so I replaced it with a new used one that seals perfectly. I am still having this no signal error with the pump though and I know its not that. So its either wiring or could it be something else? I know the hoses and such are fine also. If there is a big leak in the system, shouldn't it throw a leak code? Could the charcoal canister malfunctioning be a problem? I know it has some sort of solenoid valve but I would expect that to throw a different code or just generate a leak error. But maybe I am wrong? Any ideas on this crazy thing would be greatly appreciated! Could a "damaged hose" actually cause this error? That doesn't make sense to me as it would still get a signal of some sort just throw a different leak error or something it would seem. But if this is true then problems in the charcoal canister could cause similar issues.
Thanks!

· Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh and also I don't know where the system measures the pressure bleedoff from the pumpup, is this done at the pump or at the canister or what? This might help in debugging. Or any way to just trick the computer? Haha I'm just about out of ideas here!

· Registered
9,262 Posts
Re: P1475 (XchesapeakebaysidegliX)

i would say it has to be a wiring problem because otherwise it would throw a leak code like p0440 or p0442
all you can really do is use a wiring diagram and start tracing wires..
when i checked on my evap codes i found that the wires going to the valve on my charcoal canister were cut

that could do it...

· Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
But all the wires are in tact as far as I can see. IT would be horrible to try to trace all those wires they just go into bundles I'd probably end up breaking more things if I try to unwrap them. To access those wire inputs to the computer wouldn't that require removal of the dash? Sounds like a nightmare. I wanted to try to trick the computer into thinking its operating fine but I guess if there are damaged wires I would have no luck on that. Anyone know how it communicates the pressure bleedoff time back to the computer? Is this information produced by the pump in some sort of binary format? Or is it even the pump? It has to be either that or the canister and I think its just a simple solenoid valve. But like I said I guess it would do no good if wires are damaged but I can't think of an easy way to test that :/

· Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haha but it comes back oh so quickly. The better way is to somehow find out how to disable the entire evap system using vag-com. I know I could do it if I had access to engineering drawings
. Older car models didn't have this system so you should be able to redirect the memory space or do some nonsense to get it to not check.

· Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Does anyone know what kind of signal it sends? I know for a fact the pump runs because I can hear it but whatever signal the system wants to get its not getting I can try to emulate this signal and see if the code stays there. Its possible both pumps are bad but that is highly unlikely the old one sent a signal and I got a new one pulled out of car that was supposedly tested with vag-com to work....but they both get no signal.
Any ideas?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.