VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
16,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this today while grabbing some dinner. The rear window is broken, the back seat is filled with garbage bags and there are several tickets on the windshield. God I want to save it, but it's pretty beat up. I can only imagine the state of the engine.

Poor little guy :(

·
Registered
16,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
They are awesome cars. But not as run down as that. I would pay $300 for it. Just a little over scrap value because its unique.

I know how you feel. Before I owned an e30 I dreamed so hard about owning one that I would even consider restoring a model in similar condition to this 190e. But once you learn to have patience and realize that the 80s are not really that old, eventually you can find a much better example for a couple thousand.

Just because its beat and rare and probably could be obtained for a few hundred bucks does not make it a good deal. Be patient, do some searching and be ready and willing to travel. Then you will find the car you want and not have to dump several thousand into a car valued at only a few thousand. 80s cars are still new enough that buying an already decent example is better than going full restoration on a junk yard wad of steel, even if that wad of steel was free.

·
Registered
16,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm going to leave a note and try to find more info. If anything, I'd love to grab the seats and body kit as they're fully intact.

·
Registered
7,338 Posts
Way past worth saving.

For someone with spare time and needing money, there is probably $2-3k in parts there, but it's a lot of work to get that money.

·
Registered
7,338 Posts
Almost anything can be saved. For the right person and at the right price this could be a perfect candidate to be saved.
Sure. However knowing that there are always examples of this model for sale in much better condition for a couple of grand or less, and that you can spend two grand on this car in no time at all, it's not a sensible undertaking. I see cars in way better shape than this being parted every month on 190rev.

·
Registered
22,350 Posts
Wow, how did I miss this?

You guys are like the neighborhood crack dealers.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.