VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just washed my car today and drove back up to school .. when i get here after the 2 hour drive i take the things out of my trunk and notice that above the emblem there is a like what looks like bird crap. but it was old and i thought i washed it off. like i totaly slammed the pressure washer right on it. but it didtn come over. i had to use a damp cloth to get it off. but any way under the purple berry grossness there was my clear coat alll crackled.
lets hope a nice little clay bar application will make it all better.. omg i hope so

· Registered
518 Posts
Re: Paint cracking (dog_poopie)

can you post a pic of it?
sounds like crows feet to me, but that was prone to happen on laquor (sp.) finishes of older cars, not the newer clear-coar multistage paints they use now.
use the paint warranty!!

· Registered
518 Posts
Re: Paint cracking (GTINC)

post a picture of the damage. if the paint is starting to de-laminate or be afflicted by a bad primer job or whatever, then its a factory defect.
i doubt bird poop that sat over night or a few days is gonna etch the paint that fast.

· Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Paint cracking (the travler)

it sat over the weekend. i was down in florida for thanks giving
but i will post a pic when i get my digital camera.. will be tommorow or today. it was an x mass http://****************.com/smile/emgift.gif

· Registered
2,627 Posts
Re: Paint cracking (the travler)

Quote, originally posted by the travler »
post a picture of the damage. if the paint is starting to de-laminate or be afflicted by a bad primer job or whatever, then its a factory defect.
i doubt bird poop that sat over night or a few days is gonna etch the paint that fast.

in some cases all it needs is a few hours in direct sunlight...wipe off that crap as soon as you see it!!!!!!

· Banned
81 Posts
Re: Paint cracking (MP413Racer)

Quote, originally posted by MP413Racer »

in some cases all it needs is a few hours in direct sunlight...wipe off that crap as soon as you see it!!!!!!

Anytime sap or bird doo gets on paint get it of ASAP....it will destroy paint witnin a day if it is not recently waxed, fairly fresh wax will give you some time, maybe a few days max.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.