VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just picked up a 98 jazz blue cabrio. The paint is in desperate need of some lovin. Every car ive had or cleaned so far has had a clearcoat on it. Is there anything thats better done differently or different products yall would recommend for paint with out clearcoat ? please advise

·
Registered
348 Posts
Re: paint without a clearcoat? (Erin713)

The first thing you will notice when working on a car without a clear coat is that your towels and polishing cloths will remove some of the paint. This is normal. The worse shape your paint is in, the more blue you will see as you polish. This is because the oxidized or damaged paint doesn't bond to the surface of the car as well has good paint.
Most all consumer products are safe on clear and non clear paint. If you have a stash already, you should be fine. If you are in need of some new, try einszett.

·
Registered
11,507 Posts
Re: paint without a clearcoat? (Nin009)

Quote, originally posted by Nin009 »
If you are in need of some new, try einszett.

Does einszett supple samples .. I already have a shelf full of "The bests waxes ever made" and would like to try before I buy. *again*

·
Registered
348 Posts
Re: paint without a clearcoat? (Jesstzn)

I completely understand. Let me contact my national distributer to see what kind of support he offers on this. I know he used to do samples, but I'm not sure if he still does.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts