VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i heard it is possible for me to paint my brakes myself... can anyone provide me with some insight... how to? what paint??
also anyone got 15" rims for sale??
thanks

·
Registered
11,354 Posts
Re: painting my brakes?? (cabweeogrl)

maybe just paint your calipers... the rotors don't really take to well to paint.
EDIT: use brake caliper paint *duh*, or any hi-temp engine paint. mask off all undesired areas, bingo bango.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts

it s a simple process.....all ya gotta do is take your wheel off, un-mount the rear & front end fender housings that are connected to the rotry caliper valve. then, have some mmk silicone hi-temp tubing to re-route the mass air flow sensor into your exhaust body while you are working. (yes, the car does need this even when it is turned off) next, check to see if you have the LL2gT 0r LL2gTY brake system....if you have the ladder you're cool, proceed. if not, then you'll need a vice wrench from newvwtools.com in germany, about $20. when you're ready to paint, duct tape all the areas you dont wanna paint,(masking tape just doesnt cut it) paint. let dry. re-assemble in reverse order. you're done. oh yeah, you might wanna know that i'm joking, thats all B.S....i hope i didnt make an azz out of myself

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Re: painting my brakes?? (abdrury)

Quote, originally posted by abdrury »
it s a simple process.....all ya gotta do is take your wheel off, un-mount the rear & front end fender housings that are connected to the rotry caliper valve. then, have some mmk silicone hi-temp tubing to re-route the mass air flow sensor into your exhaust body while you are working. (yes, the car does need this even when it is turned off) next, check to see if you have the LL2gT 0r LL2gTY brake system....if you have the ladder you're cool, proceed. if not, then you'll need a vice wrench from newvwtools.com in germany, about $20. when you're ready to paint, duct tape all the areas you dont wanna paint,(masking tape just doesnt cut it) paint. let dry. re-assemble in reverse order. you're done. oh yeah, you might wanna know that i'm joking, thats all B.S....i hope i didnt make an azz out of myself

LOL!!!

i saw a couple dudes a week or so ago doing this in the parking lot of a grocery store near me. it was a forest green eclipse... they had it all jacked up with the wheels off. they used news paper and masked off the wheel wells only... they painted the struts, springs, calipers, AND rotors... HAHAHA....
oh yeah, they color of choice was a nice neon green... looked HOT HOT HOT! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

don't be that guy...

·
Banned
762 Posts
Re: painting my brakes?? (Feyd)

http://www.por-15.com, get their rust preventative paint. you can use high temp stuff if you want, but the por-15 is an actual protective coating, not just a paint.
if you do buy some sort of spraycan paint, spray it into a dixie cup, and paint it on with a brush.

·
Registered
9,086 Posts

Foliatec makes some paint that's 1/2 paint, 1/2 epoxy. It works quite well from what i've heard.

Help from VenomMotorsports.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts