VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a spare set of sidemarkers and was thinking of painting them the body color or using vinyl that is extremely close. I always wanted to have a logo or something a little more custom on them, and after seeing some pics of the guy that did the wolfsburg logo on his, the wheels were tickin' again. I did searches, but got a lot of red-x's. So I'm asking anyone that has painted their sidemarkers or done anything custom to them, to post pics. I'd especially like to see galactic blue cars or indigo blue for that matter. Here's a quick photosh....err...actually mspaint-chop of my car (dont be jealous of my skillz!)

So I took off the chrome handles, painted the corners, and left a thin stripe on the sidemarker...so just a thin light blinks.....

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Re: Painting the fender markers (rickyboy)

picture of said Wolfsburg logo sidemarkers

only bad thing about using body color is that most of our paint (I belive) needs a primer bottom coat so the color will match, if the base coat is wrong your color will be off.
So unless you use white, black, or some silver, it's going to be hard to match.
As someone stated in my thread, the best way to do it would be to get the logo or whatever cut out in vinyl and stick it to the marker,m paint over it, both base and color, remove vinyl, then clear clear clear

on mine I was working in zero budget so I sprayed em black, a few coats, then etched the logo out with an exacto knife, eyeballin it. never got around to clear coating them, as you can tell.

Modified by OptimusGlen at 9:06 PM 7-21-2005

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (TTr250)

Quote, originally posted by TTr250 »
best pic i have of the side..

Hey I like that! So it just looks like a little bump. Does any light come through at all? I've heard of some people just throwing a super light coat of paint on them so it gets matched to the body color but then light still comes through when the markers are blinking.

Oh and optimusglen you got some skills!! Exacto knife to the marker and no scratches
That pic was the one that started the whole gears turning again too.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.