VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that’s how to spend a Sunday!
Had an absolute blast with the group and it was such a pleasure to meet a whole bunch of other like-minded “dubbers”. Can’t believe the turnout (HUGE) so it will be hard to top that next time around. However as word gets out how much fun we had and how many people showed up perhaps the others will come out (shame for those who had to work)
Too many new people to remember all the names so I’ll just say it was great meeting you all. Thanks to Daria for organizing the drive. As mentioned before HUGE props to Nick from VF for showing up and letting people test drive his car – regardless of who buys it down the road – that’s service!
Good to see I wasn’t the only brit there

The drive up the canyon to finish the event off was a blast also and really gave me a good excuse to test the SHS (performed great). Got lots of great compliments on my speed and how great the car looked (handling wise) and also looks wise. (now you know why FRS are good!)
Well I could ramble on for hours but I won’t. Not all the pics came out (that’s the wonder of digital) and although I’ve borrowed some great pics taken by others, at least the fancy tripod
worked to get us some very nice PANORAMIC shots of the group. So sorry there are not more pics but the Panoramic ones were worth getting the tripod out for.
Enjoy……
The Group Panoramic shot (on my fotki as HUGE hi-res)

The Ocean Panoramic shot

Group Shot

Neptune Line up

My car with Ocean View

My other favorite (borrowed) pics are…

The rear end line up

Tempting, very tempting

There are more shots in my fotki (but not many) but go there if you want the hi-res versions..

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Re: PANORAMIC shots from SoCal Market Run! (TTigg)

Had a great time and i must say i LOVED your car. I have seen a few pics of the gtg where i am checking out you ride..lol. Thanks to george for the supplies and to everyone who made this gtg a pleasure to be a part of.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: PANORAMIC shots from SoCal Market Run! (Supercharged VR6)

Quote, originally posted by Supercharged VR6 »
Nice pics Steve http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Thanks the Panoramic ones came out great. Shame I didn't manage to get more good ones but there is plenty of time for that. Later down the road I'm going to get a movie type camera mount and use my remote to snap some action (canyon) shots !

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: PANORAMIC shots from SoCal Market Run! (DominicanGTI)

Quote, originally posted by DominicanGTI »
Had a great time and i must say i LOVED your car. I have seen a few pics of the gtg where i am checking out you ride..lol. Thanks to george for the supplies and to everyone who made this gtg a pleasure to be a part of.

Thanks, but what's all this talk about free stuff from George? what did I miss?

·
Registered
3,159 Posts

That's absolutely amazing!
Not quite as good looking as the line of Corrado's we had going through our city a few years back, but close!

Nice shots

·
Registered
1,033 Posts

Quote, originally posted by TTigg »
Thanks the Panoramic ones came out great. Shame I didn't manage to get more good ones but there is plenty of time for that. Later down the road I'm going to get a movie type camera mount and use my remote to snap some action (canyon) shots !

A video of that canyon run would make Ian's run (can't remember the name right now) look tame! So fast and so MANY little twists!

edit: Doh, myself, Justin, and Nik are missing from the group shot as we went to 'rescue' Nik from Neptune's so he knew where we all went.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Re: PANORAMIC shots from SoCal Market Run! (RiGoR)

Nice pics http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif Looked like fun. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
7,587 Posts
Re: PANORAMIC shots from SoCal Market Run! (SeouLBrotha)

maybe you could let another Haldex car join, just the canyon run part!!

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Re: PANORAMIC shots from SoCal Market Run! (M this 1!)

Or another fwd would be fine too I think well except for the downhill part.
The laws of physics don't play well for my car going downhill.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Re: PANORAMIC shots from SoCal Market Run! (Dragonfly)

I've also created a website highlighting pics of Sunday's GTG. Check out the avi file on the home page of Nik's supercharged R32. You can almost make out the blur of smiles on RiGoR and #466GTI's face as they go by in that footage.

Here's the link...I've also included it in my sig for future reference.
http://mysite.verizon.net/res7mfcz/r32socalgtg32

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Re: PANORAMIC shots from SoCal Market Run! (MUAHAHAA)

Wow. I've only driven around in SoCal once. I was amazed. I'm reallllyyyy jealous of you guys and gals out there. All the pics are great

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: PANORAMIC shots from SoCal Market Run! (M this 1!)

Quote, originally posted by M this 1! »
maybe you could let another Haldex car join, just the canyon run part!!

Nate you are always welcome on the WCTT runs. This was (cough) a dub exclusive just for the .:Rs

·
Registered
2,911 Posts

Bring it Nathan! We could use some competition.

Pics came out great. Nice souvenirs of the day. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Re: PANORAMIC shots from SoCal Market Run! (Doug Brekke)

doh the video wont play here at work

have to wait til i get home i guess

nice pano's by the way. too bad i missed the group shot *sniffle*

·
Registered
12,271 Posts
Re: PANORAMIC shots from SoCal Market Run! (#466gti)

Nice "rainbow" of R32s...

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: PANORAMIC shots from SoCal Market Run! (nebuchadnezzar)

sweet. Hey E is that the shot you got when you ran across the road? Oh and BTW where in gods name did you get the armband thing for the radio? I went to Best Buy yesterday but couldn't see anything and also tried sportmart - any ideas?

·
Registered
284 Posts

Quote, originally posted by TTigg »
sweet. Hey E is that the shot you got when you ran across the road? Oh and BTW where in gods name did you get the armband thing for the radio? I went to Best Buy yesterday but couldn't see anything and also tried sportmart - any ideas?

That's where I got the two I had...Best Buy. Hmm...have you tried to do a search online to see if you can find 'em? I'll help ya look...

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: PANORAMIC shots from SoCal Market Run! (MUAHAHAA)

Quote, originally posted by MUAHAHAA »

That's where I got the two I had...Best Buy. Hmm...have you tried to do a search online to see if you can find 'em? I'll help ya look...

I can find army surplus type places but I kind of wanted to pick one up locally. If it's with you right now can you get a make (brand) so we can search that way for retailers?
TIA

1 - 20 of 29 Posts