VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried the Velcro trick, but the noise is still annoyingly loud. Especially over bumps. I also tried unhooking the support strings on either side of the parcel shelf, but that too wouldn't fix the thump and rattle.

I suppose my next solution is to pull the thing out of my car and store it in the garage. Has anyone found a solution (beyond what I just mentioned) to fix this annoying problem?

TIA.

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
Are you sure the parcel shelf the only source of the noise?
Because I had some rattle coming from the rear cargo area way back -there were a couple of diff frequencies/noises-
The first was the parcel shelf itself-- see were the middle indentation on the shelf just behind the back of the middle headrest-- that caused a rattle- So i placed black electrical tape along that area- where it was hitting the silver loop for Baby Seat /tether.
2nd noise I discovered were the strings that has that little black ball to hold the parcel up- i placed ductape right on the end of the string were it rest on the "hole"-- that was creating a low frequency noise too... got rid of those little rattles.
The 3rd rattle was from the back seat itself- within the headrest post-- I had the rear headrest half way up and they were rattling, until i pushed them all down to the resting state..and no moe rattles back there!!!
Finding these little noises was frustrating...but glad i got rid of them..

e

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.