VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new Golf, and with this cold weather, my Parking Brake Lock keeps sticking because the switch is so cold. Is anyone else in this area having the same problem. I am talking about when you have to press the brake down to shift into reverse or drive on an automatic transmission. Has anyone experienced this problem?

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Parking Lock sticking... (Gunnar16v)

quote:[HR][/HR]What about MK4's?
[HR][/HR]​
Is the shifter sticking? Thats what I am asking. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Re: Parking Lock sticking... (ChrisDJ142)

My trunk lock froze for a day. Wouldn't lock, all you have to do was pull on the handle.
And the open door loght on my dash flashed on and off for a day.
Fin' VWs.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Re: Parking Lock sticking... (vwjunky18t)

and the bass on my stereo froze.

[Modified by vwjunky18t, 8:39 PM 1-28-2003]

·
Registered
480 Posts
Re: Parking Lock sticking... (phishingls)

quote:[HR][/HR]Brake Lock keeps sticking because the switch is so cold. I am talking about when you have to press the brake down to shift into reverse or drive on an automatic transmission. Has anyone experienced this problem?
[HR][/HR]​
When this happens again, look in your rear view mirror and see if the brake lights are on. If not, your brake pedal switch needs adjusting or replacing. Same thing happened to wifes car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.