VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was apparently written a parking ticket in Baltimore 2 months ago for double parking, though never received a ticket nor found one on my window. I get my mail today and I have a 58$ fine for an overdue parking ticket..
It says because I failed to pay the 35$ fine or appeal the ticket, my fine has been increased and I must pay this ticket within 8 or something days.
But I never got a ticket.. What if someone took it off my window, or the police officer never put it on the window. I mean.. I was never given a ticket or found one, but it says I had one.
How do I deal with this? I’m not paying 58$ for something I never saw or was issued.

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
Re: Parking ticket question (the six)

Carefully check the details of the original citation. I got something similar in the mail a couple of years ago here in MA. Was for a parking ticket in Charlestown. Except I rarely, if ever go to Charlestown, and on the date the ticket was issued I was in Europe, and the car was parked in my garage at home.
Turns out the officer transcribed the numbers from the license. Dyslexic traffic cops are not a good thing.
Now, if you were in Baltimore on that date, and if you happened to be double parked in the place where they said (and you need to be honest with yourself here) then they probably have you nailed. It would be too easy for folks to "lose" their tickets, and just get out of it.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Parking ticket question (4x4s)

Quote, originally posted by 4x4s »
Carefully check the details of the original citation. I got something similar in the mail a couple of years ago here in MA. Was for a parking ticket in Charlestown. Except I rarely, if ever go to Charlestown, and on the date the ticket was issued I was in Europe, and the car was parked in my garage at home.
Turns out the officer transcribed the numbers from the license. Dyslexic traffic cops are not a good thing.
Now, if you were in Baltimore on that date, and if you happened to be double parked in the place where they said (and you need to be honest with yourself here) then they probably have you nailed. It would be too easy for folks to "lose" their tickets, and just get out of it.

Hrm. True. Only place I gotto in Baltimore is Inner Harbor and I always (have to) park in paid parking zones. So I don't see how I could get a double parking ticket in Baltimore if I only park there. My friend is Baltimore City police, I'll probably give him a call tonight and see how I can take care of this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.