VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a parking ticket on one of my cars for being parked in the same place for 48 hours. Not a big deal but I have made three reports of my car being broken into, and vandalised. Someone tried to steal it the third time and screwed up the ignition so I could not move it. So the police can't do jack shhh it about my car being vandalised almost daily for the past month but they can give me a ticket for not moving it for two days. I've seen cars not moved for over a week with no problem and there are no 48 hour parking limit signs anywhere.
And people wonder why there is a general lack of respect for police.

·
Registered
19,458 Posts
Re: parking ticket vandalism police suckness (ramadoss)

Quote, originally posted by ramadoss »

I got a parking ticket on one of my cars for being parked in the same place for 48 hours. Not a big deal but I have made three reports of my car being broken into, and vandalised. Someone tried to steal it the third time and screwed up the ignition so I could not move it. So the police can't do jack shhh it about my car being vandalised almost daily for the past month but they can give me a ticket for not moving it for two days. I've seen cars not moved for over a week with no problem and there are no 48 hour parking limit signs anywhere.
And people wonder why there is a general lack of respect for police.

Unfortunately, it's highly unlikely the beat cop who issued your citation had any knowledge of your previous reports on "file".. By the time that information comes his way (if ever) your car will be sitting in a city impound.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually the officer who gave me the ticket is the same one who came out to take my report the second time my car was broken into and vandalised.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts

Police, like anyone else, tend to get around to the "easy" parts of their job before they could ever dream about tackling anything as tricky as intentional theft or vandalism.
Maybe I am wrong, but I know if i was cop, I would rather pull over a normal late-for-work citizen for speeding on the freeway than pull over a thug with a .45 under the seat. Then again, that's why I'm not a cop.

·
Registered
14,392 Posts

that sucks. i feel your pain though. my car got broken into once, and my parking tag got knocked off the rearview. window was gone, door lock was gone. instead of letting me know about it, parking "services" at my school gave me a ticket for illegally parking and/or not displaying my pass properly!

·
Registered
19,458 Posts
Re: (ramadoss)

Quote, originally posted by ramadoss »
Actually the officer who gave me the ticket is the same one who came out to take my report the second time my car was broken into and vandalised.

Oh wow. That's really lame

It'd be something else if all you did was call it in and there was some communication error. But this is sad

If anything - he knew it would be an easy target and was keeping an eye on it to make a quick buck http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

1 - 6 of 6 Posts