VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

My VW Jetta IV 2001 GLS' Trunk Actuator (Solenoid?) finally broke down and I opened up the trunk liner (all 14 screws) to see if the usual gremlin of the broken plastic pusher was the problem. Not so! The Actuator/Solenoid does not seem to be making any noise when I press the keyfob trunk release or use the driver door panel's switch. The indicator lights blink though - ergo power is coming in.

I pulled out the connector sending power to the Actuator (Beige/off-white box) and measured the power coming into the connector (steady 12.8 V) - which means power is coming in.

Does this mean the the actuator is dead?

I called the stealership and the said $59.69 + tax for this part. no. 706959781. Just wanted to make sure I am not being ripped - is this price fair? Also, is the part number accurate for my vehicle? Any other place online where I can get it for less?

Thanks in advance for your advise.

Regards

SR

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Check the wiring where it bends, going from body to trunk lid. Mine broke, and was giving the same symptoms. I bought a used solenoid, then a new one, before I figured that out.

Also, price is a bit steep from your dealer, I know I paid less than that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.