VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My passat did not come with the snaps that hold in the rear mats. My dealer says that the passat doesnt come with these snaps and that they dont exist.
What is the part number for them and should they be installed when delivered?
I got my b5 13 months ago so its still under waranty, I assume i dont have to pay for this part.
Thanks

·
Registered
237 Posts
Re: Part Number for mat snaps (profbooty)

I don't know the part number for the snaps...but...
I just went in for my 20k service and asked them to install the rear mat snaps since they did not come with them.
When I got in my car to go home, the snaps were in place and I was good to go...no charge!
They do look a little different than the fronts, they have a phillips head on them like they were designed for retrofitting without removing the carpet and installing from underneath.
I would tell your dealer to pull their head out! Obviously the mats were designed to be pinned...pull one out and show the dealer the holes in them!
BTW...Dick Hannah Volkswagen in Vancouver, WA did mine... (360) 256-5000
Good luck!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Re: Part Number for mat snaps (profbooty)

Profbooty:
There are posts (for the front mats) and snaps (for the rear mats). The snaps should have been in place when the car was delivered to you. It is a part of the delivery checklist. If they try to charge you or give you any hassle, tell them you will write to VW of America and ask about the snaps. Secondly, if they will not solve this simple problem, DO NOT TAKE YOUR PASSAT TO THAT SERVICE DEPARTMENT AGAIN. Not providing the snaps is a sure sign that your service department does not care about you or your Passat. Would you ever take your vehicle to a service department that cares so little about your car??? I wouldn't.
Regards,
The Fan

·
Registered
759 Posts
Re: Part Number for mat snaps (mmmmark)

Yeah, IIRC, the rear floor mat hold downs are a dealer installed option that they are supposed to take care of when the car reaches their dealership. It sounds like its the luck of the draw if you get them or not. I did
If you did not, just show the dealer the TSB that says that they are responsible to do so. As I recall, it should also say it in the manual (much like the auto unlock when key removed feature).
Marty

1 - 5 of 5 Posts