VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking to add this to the GTI soon. Realized If I get one off ebay from Europe I will loose my XM function. So im looking around for a US spec headunit navi from the GTI. Anyone that works at the dealer, can you please give me a part number and list price?
thanks!

Modified by quailallstar at 7:38 AM 3-24-2006

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
Re: (partsguro)

Added to the FAQ. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
... and worldimpex has it for $3440.20- quite steep.

·
Registered
9,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (BRM10984)

Damn thats alot of money! So this all has me thinking...
A: Buy a Euro unit for 1K and loose the XM function on the GTI
B: Keep shoping around for a new or a like new US headunit Navi so I can use my XM because worlimpex is a rip off!

What should I do??????

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
Re: (quailallstar)

Actually, worldimpex is usually not a rip-off, and such is the case here. Heck, it's under list price.
It's just that VW/ Blaupunkt or whoever makes these won't let them go for t3h ch33p.
If you can hold out, I'd wait for a unit in the classifieds. It's not going to be much cheaper, though.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Re: (BRM10984)

I was asking the parts guy and he told me
Quote, originally posted by PartsGuy »
You cant just get the NAV headunit. You need all the other module, wires, antennas and stuff like that. I'm a lazy man that doesn't think you know how to work on your own VW and I suck. big time.

·
Registered
9,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (OGSN0)

I always find magauto.com to be much less money when ordering OEM parts etc. Back to the topic... I will probably hold out, because I dont want to loose the XM feature and also I'll wait for some wrecked GTIS and GLI's to start showing up.
A guy on Passat forums has a VW Passat and he got the navi and it plugged right in. No moduels to buy etc. All he had to install was the antenna, and dvd

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
Re: (dwvw1)

I agree with the poster above. For that kind of money you could have a touch-screen aftermarket nav with improved stereo sound, dvd, reverse camera, and anything else that could possibly be added. I'm all for the factory-integrated look, but $3,400 is alot of money.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Re: Part Number for US Spec Navigation HEadunit Please (quailallstar)

1K0-035-197-D Is the later model with the silver buttons that will play MP3s also. DVD navigation is pretty much plug and play with a little VAG-COM work, all you need is a GPS antenna.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Re: Part Number for US Spec Navigation HEadunit Please (DSG TDI)

Quote, originally posted by DSG TDI »
1K0-035-197-D Is the later model with the silver buttons that will play MP3s also. DVD navigation is pretty much plug and play with a little VAG-COM work, all you need is a GPS antenna.

No VAG-COM work needed. DIY now posted on adding the OEM Nav unit here: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zer...age=1

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.