VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After finding out a family of mice has been working against me trying to find out why my 4kq won't start anymore I have decided to part the vehicle out. There are alot of cool parts on this car that are in great shape, some are brand new...
Cibie Euro glass headlamps and relay box, H4 H1, had laminex over them their whole life so they are in great shape.
$200 OBO
Blaufernugen rear sway bar with new poly bushings and hardware
$110
Brand new (rusty) slotted brake rotors, pads, new stainless lines and (unstuck) rear calipers
$300 for everything front and rear... maybe 1000 miles on everything
ATS type 10 wheels 16x7.5 F+R with 225/40/16 Falken Azenis, wheels are in great shape just some brake dust in the pictures, no bends or cracks/ major curbage. These are the best looking wheels for a 4000Q in my opinion and are extremely hard to find. I paid over $900 for wheels and tires.... selling them for $650 OBO
All for door panels are in great shape, the drivers has a wierd slit near the top but nothing major. $100 shipped
All four window motors and regulators work perfectly, as well as the power door lock actuators... make offer
Taillights are there... nothing melted or screwed up like most... make offer
Quattro drivetrain is called for already, however engine is available and has great compression numbers for 240k!!
Cluster works great, OG mileage
Recaros are going in my Quantum unless someone wants to pay $300 and come pick them up!
Please e-mail with questions, it keeps things more organized than the vortex PM.

Modified by strictlyA2 at 2:40 PM 11-27-2008

· Registered
8 Posts
Re: (strictlyA2)

Ryan,
I tried to send an email to the address listed on your profile, and it bounced. Please PM me about your headlights. I have cash, and want to buy them ASAP. I also need some other odds-and-ends 4kq parts which we can negotiate via email.
Thanks
Hans

· Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (strictlyA2)

Just look at those brand new rotors! (seriously though those brakes were brand new when the car took a dump on me)
Newer Blau exhaust with genuine rally cross damage... good cataltyic converter too! Passed MD emissions with flying colors!

· Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All four Falkens have about the same tread as the one in the last pic.... Not extremely cupped or anything... Remember these parts are priced to sell, and will make some huge discounts if you come pull it yourself.... heated garage to boot!

· Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dash is crack free..... $50 +shipping
sunroof motor operates but track is bad .... $10
rear spoiler is available but looks like a dry lake bed... $20
Hood has been modified for dual hydraulic hood shocks... whole kit .... $35
Rear glass with operational "quattro" defroster, worked the last time I drove the car... no promises $20
Plastic bumpers are in good shape overall... no cracks... rear is hanging off but not broken ... $30 / bumper
Clean gas tank... $40 (no shipping)
Hand brake cables are relatively new $30
I am posting some clean pics of the wheels tomorrow

· Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Parting: 85 4000q, Blau sway, H&R springs, Cibie euro, ATS type 10 (CvTech)

Quote, originally posted by CvTech »
Steering wheel? Knob for windshield (defrost) vent control? Rear "Audi" badge?

Wheel isn't for sale but the knob and rear badge i'll send for $20 shipped, just specify in your paypal what item you are paying for...
ANYONE PAYPALING:
[email protected]

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.