VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parts Place Inc. Looks like they pulled through

Alright.....maybe its just bad customer service but when I order a set of 85 GTI 10:1 compression ratio pistons and receive 8.5:1 pistons I expect the problem to be adressed. THe original post is In the 8v forum titled "PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!! I need to know if this is right!!!!". I cant get it to link. I called them on friday (see post) and they were supposed to call me back within a half an hour. Well.....an hour later I had to go to work and told my dad to take the message. Well...he didnt have to cause they never called back. SO I called on saturday and they said customer service was closed on saturday so call back on monday. SO I call back today and they mustve completley forgotton to check cause they had no idea if they could get em. Soooooo....he said once again hed call back in half an hour so he could find out if they could get em. Well.....an hour and a half later with no call..I decide to call them back. Now I get some other guy with an attitude problem and told they have more than one thing to do in a day and theyll get back to me as soon as they can. He also wants the part number from me (for WHAT?! Im ordering them from you....why should I have YOUR part #) then wants to know why I "think" theyre wrong. I tell him I dont think theyre wrong I KNOW theyre wrong. he asks how I know and I tell him that aside from being listed on the box as 83-84 GTI pistons that theyre the same as the ones I just pulled out from my 85 JH engine. THen he asks me if theyre racing pistons and i tell him, no theyre Stock VW pisons out of an 85 GTI that I want. SO then he tells me he has to look and find out if he can get em. WTF. Ive been told 3 TIMES now that youll have to look for them. You guys have any Idea what I should do?? Ill calm down and repost tonight.

[Modified by 92VdubSLC, 7:47 AM 12-4-2001]

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
Re: Parts Place Inc. Any one else have problems with them? (92VdubSLC)

I told you already 92Vdub, you just give me the word and I will bust some heads in person.

·
Registered
6,522 Posts
Re: Parts Place Inc. Any one else have problems with them? (gearhead455)

I used to order from them a lot when I first came on the dub scene. No problems, just found vendors with online sites and better prices.

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Parts Place Inc. Any one else have problems with them? (golfSPORT95)

Thx....if they dont shape up (which I hope they do) then maybe ill enlist some of your head busting capabilities
Im gonna give them till wednesday to find out if they can get them then im sending em back and ordering a set from porttuning.com

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Parts Place Inc. Any one else have problems with them? (92VdubSLC)

THey called this morning and said that they found the right pistons for $30 more but will give em to me for the price of the other ones. its still a bit high but as long as i get em im not to all concerned. Looks like thier wont have to be any head bustin after all

1 - 5 of 5 Posts